I'm Done! Celebrating My Last Exam Day Successfully

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary: Yeah, I have similar problems too, but I do check my work. That's the problem though. I check it too much. Ever since I've been losing marks for stupid stuff, I've tried to like include absolutely everything in it. I'm basically treating the marker like he or she is a little baby, and I have to explain every step because I always lose marks.Note: I lost marks for applying absolute values to prove something, and including the inequality that comes with it (for all real numbers). I even stated that it was a property of absolute values!
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm Done!

It's all OVER!

I wrote my last exam today!

I can't wait to start my next term though with my new organization skills. I started getting organized half through this term, and I have to say it paid off. I had no choice to organize myself because I was working like a madman, but I never thought I turn things around the way I did.

I had a 75% average last year, and I'm most likely to get over 80% this term, which is big considering how much I worked. Now, next term, school comes first, so no more working. Hopefully, I'll get back to my good old days of Business School where I stood as one of or the top student of the class.

Anyways, who just finished their exams, or when are you finishing them?

LET'S CELEBRATE! :biggrin:

...Going to go pick up some PIZZA! Watch some TV, then nap. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations, Jason.

JasonRox said:
...Going to go pick up some PIZZA! Watch some TV, then nap. :biggrin:
Just don't over do it now. :biggrin:

I just finished today too. So far I have got 2 A's and 1 A+, I think I should get an A or A- in today's class, B at worst. Yay! A nap sounds good :smile:

mattmns said:
I just finished today too. So far I have got 2 A's and 1 A+, I think I should get an A or A- in today's class, B at worst. Yay! A nap sounds good :smile:

I have the exact same situation. Today's exam is my worst class, which I'll probably get a B in. I'll wait and find out. :approve:

I just took my FIRST exam today. But I'm happy to say i think i did very well! I've never felt so confident after a physics exam as i do today, i know i knew the stuff, hopefully i just didn't make any dumb errors. I get all done for the semester on weds... oy!

Gale said:
I just took my FIRST exam today. But I'm happy to say i think i did very well! I've never felt so confident after a physics exam as i do today, i know i knew the stuff, hopefully i just didn't make any dumb errors. I get all done for the semester on weds... oy!

Oh boy, do I hate dumb errors.

I'm trying to gain more confidence in my work though. Take my time and everything.

JasonRox said:
Oh boy, do I hate dumb errors.
I'm trying to gain more confidence in my work though. Take my time and everything.

dumb errors are my specialty! i got marked down 20 points on my last math exam for missing negative signs in the answer. everything entirely right, just a missed sign. I probably go through my exams too fast, but I'm trying to take my time and check things these days too.

Gale said:
dumb errors are my specialty! i got marked down 20 points on my last math exam for missing negative signs in the answer. everything entirely right, just a missed sign. I probably go through my exams too fast, but I'm trying to take my time and check things these days too.

Yeah, I have similar problems too, but I do check my work. That's the problem though. I check it too much. Ever since I've been losing marks for stupid stuff, I've tried to like include absolutely everything in it. I'm basically treating the marker like he or she is a little baby, and I have to explain every step because I always lose marks.

Note: I lost marks for applying absolute values to prove something, and including the inequality that comes with it (for all real numbers). I even stated that it was a property of absolute values!

I remember I lost marks in my Calculus I midterm because I put 2*7 = 19. I was going by so fast, I made that dumb mistake. :rofl: I did great on the midterm regardless though.

1. What is the significance of celebrating the last exam day successfully?

The last exam day is significant because it marks the completion of a challenging academic journey and signifies the end of a stressful period. It is a time to reflect on one's accomplishments and celebrate the hard work put into studying.

2. How can one celebrate their last exam day successfully?

There are many ways to celebrate successfully, depending on personal preferences. Some ideas include treating oneself to a nice meal or activity, spending time with friends and family, or taking a well-deserved break and indulging in a hobby or relaxation.

3. Why is it important to celebrate academic achievements?

Celebrating academic achievements helps to boost self-esteem and motivation. It also serves as a reminder of one's hard work and dedication, which can be motivating for future endeavors. Furthermore, celebrating with loved ones can create a sense of community and support.

4. How can one avoid burnout during exam season?

To avoid burnout during exam season, it is essential to practice good time management and prioritize self-care. This includes taking breaks, getting enough sleep, and eating well. It is also helpful to study in short, focused bursts rather than long, exhausting sessions.

5. What are some tips for acing the last exam?

To ace the last exam, it is crucial to review material consistently throughout the semester instead of cramming at the last minute. It is also helpful to create a study schedule and practice active learning techniques such as summarizing, quizzing, and teaching the material. Lastly, staying calm and confident during the exam can also improve performance.