I'm learning Physics a little late

• Thread starter Iwanttolearnphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hello
In summary, the topic discusses the experience of learning Physics at a later stage and the challenges that come with it. It highlights the importance of perseverance and determination in overcoming these challenges and how it can lead to a deeper understanding and appreciation of the subject. The summary also emphasizes the benefits of starting to learn Physics at any age and how it can be a rewarding and enriching experience.
Iwanttolearnphysics
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi everyone,

I'm in my 30s and I realized through reading that I'm interested in Physics. I grew up poor, so I went to a poorly funded school. Surprisingly, I didn't learn much because my teachers were too stressed out managing a bunch of rowdy kids (/s). Anyway, I didn't learn much physics, or much of anything really. It makes me a bit sad knowing that if I just grew up in a different environment, I would probably be doing something related to Physics now. I don't know much and I'm not downplaying that. A high school student probably knows more than I do.

I have started learning math from the very beginning, like literally the very beginning. I signed up for Khan academy and answered all the questions starting from the 1st grade. I'm working through the questions for 5th graders now. I'm also learning a bit of algebra, stat and a bunch of others on Khan. I've been doing this for a while, I'm not comfortable sharing how long because I really don't know much even with all that effort.

I decided to say that here because I might ask you a lot of questions, and all I ask is for your patience. If I ask anything stupid, please remember I'm a bit stupid because I didn't grow up in a good environment. I accepted that I can't change that, so I'm working on making myself better. Maybe if things work out, I could pursue something physics related in my late 40s. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy the ride. Also, English is not my native language. So if anything sounds weird, that's why.

Likes PeroK, berkeman and russ_watters
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

1. It's never too late.
2. Your English is excellent.

Likes Iwanttolearnphysics