Imagine life without People

• Thread starter rizzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, there have been multiple media forms, such as books, documentaries, webumentaries, and a Hollywood movie, discussing the concept of a world without people. One of the recent documentaries, "Life After People" by The History Channel, explores the idea of what would happen 10,000 years after human extinction. It delves into what would disappear and what would still remain, such as the Hoover Dam. The documentary also addresses the belief of some that 2012 marks the end of life. Although the person talking has not seen the documentary, they plan on watching it and invite others to discuss it. It can be found online, thanks to someone uploading it on Google Video. The person also shares a link to their blog
rizzy
There have been several books, documentaries, webumentaries, and even a Hollywood movie in "I Am Legend" relating and discussing this topic which encourages people to imagine world without people.

A new documentary by The History Channel premiered after the success of "I Am Legend" called Life After People. It takes you right up to 10,000 years after extinction and shows that within 1000 years there would be very few signs of life from this age.

Analysts give detailed explanations as to what will vanish and things that still will be in existence, like the Hoover Dam in the US, which is expected to be still standing 10,000 years later.

They also clear the debate of 2012 as the end of life, which is believed by many religious individuals and even communities.

I have not personally seen the documentary but I sure will be seeing it, you can view this documentary online thanks to someone who uploaded this on Google Video.

Please discuss this documentary because I am eager to hear from other people about this. This will be interesting man.

You can watch the documentary online, its on google video and at my blog, the link of my blog is in my sig, the reason I didn't provide the link in the post is because I couldn't, as you can probably tell I am a newbie here and can only post links to other cites after 15 posts.

Physics news on Phys.org
well even my signature is not here well my website or blog is
remixconcepts.blogspot [dot] com

I find the concept of imagining a world without people to be both fascinating and thought-provoking. It raises questions about our impact on the environment and the potential consequences of our actions.

The documentary "Life After People" seems to explore this concept in great detail, showing the potential fate of our world if humans were to suddenly disappear. It is interesting to see how quickly nature can reclaim and reshape the land, erasing many of the structures and landmarks that we have built.

The fact that the Hoover Dam is predicted to still be standing after 10,000 years is a testament to the engineering and durability of our structures. It also raises the question of whether our impact on the environment is truly permanent or if nature has the ability to eventually erase it.

I find it particularly intriguing that the documentary addresses the debate of 2012 as the end of life. I do not believe in such apocalyptic predictions and it is reassuring to see this being addressed and debunked.

I believe that this documentary, along with others like "I Am Legend," serve as a reminder of our responsibility to take care of our planet and the potential consequences of neglecting it. It also sparks important discussions about the long-term effects of human presence on Earth.

I would highly encourage others to watch this documentary and engage in conversations about it. As scientists, it is important for us to continue exploring and learning about our world and its potential future. Thank you for bringing this documentary to my attention, I will definitely be watching it.

1. How would the absence of humans affect the environment?

If humans were to suddenly disappear from the planet, it would have a major impact on the environment. Without human activity, plants and animals would be able to thrive without interference. However, the built environment, such as buildings and roads, would eventually deteriorate and return to a more natural state. The absence of pollution and waste from human activities would also have a positive impact on the environment.

2. What would happen to domesticated animals without humans?

In the absence of humans, domesticated animals would either adapt to living in the wild or die out. Some animals, such as dogs and cats, may be able to survive on their own by hunting for food. However, other domesticated animals, such as cows and chickens, may not have the necessary skills to survive in the wild and may eventually become extinct.

3. How would the absence of humans affect technology and infrastructure?

Without humans to maintain and repair them, most technological devices and infrastructure would eventually break down and become unusable. This includes everything from cars and buildings to power plants and communication systems. However, some structures, such as the Great Wall of China and the Pyramids of Giza, may remain standing for thousands of years due to their durable construction.

4. What would happen to the world's nuclear power plants without humans?

If humans were to suddenly disappear, the world's nuclear power plants would eventually fail. Without human operators to maintain and monitor them, they would overheat and release radioactive materials into the environment. This could have devastating consequences for the environment and any remaining animals.

5. How would the absence of humans impact the economy?

In the short term, the absence of humans would cause a major economic collapse. Without anyone to produce goods, provide services, or manage finances, the global economy would come to a halt. However, in the long term, nature would reclaim the land and resources, potentially leading to a new, more sustainable economy without human interference.