Improving Plant Processes: Seeking Advice from Fellow Scientists

• Thread starter Amused_1
  • Start date
In summary, seeking advice from fellow scientists is a valuable way to improve plant processes. By collaborating with others in the field, scientists can share their knowledge and expertise to find solutions to complex problems and optimize processes. This can lead to increased efficiency, cost savings, and ultimately better results. Through open communication and the exchange of ideas, scientists can learn from each other and continue to advance the field of plant processes.
Amused_1
Hi all, Thought I’d share a little about myself (at least the ‘work’ me).

I’ve come to the forum looking for advice about a few different topics - all process based - that while technically above my pay grade I have a keen interest in for the sake of making my job easier/better.

I’m a Lead Operator at a small seed oil extraction plant in the UK. I’ve only been a Lead Op for 4 months but with the company around 5 years now since completing the 0610 level 2 in Process Technology.

I’ve been noticing various things around the plant that could be improved but don’t quite have the mechanical or technical knowledge to put my ideas forward. So you can expect a few posts from me in the near future.

Other than that I’m not sure what else to say, so yeah. Hello!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to PF, Amused_1.

It will be nice to have some 'real world' situations to chew on here!

Thank you [emoji106]
Most of my posts will probably be along the lines of ‘we have X issue, could Y be the problem?’
An example (without going into much detail here) would be that we have a water ring pump on our vacuum system that’s generating a lot of heat, is this normal or could it be...?
That particular issue even had our Technical Manager scratching his head, but a couple of us think we’ve pinpointed it.
One good thing about this forum is that, with it being physics based, the finer details could easily be picked up by some of the members here, such as the effects of vapour pressures etc. that are a bit beyond me at the mo!

Likes Tom.G