Info regarding energy density of empty space?

In summary, a new member is seeking a graph that they once saw on the development of the energy density of the universe. The graph contained three lines representing the energy density of empty space, visible matter, and the cosmological constant. They are hoping someone can provide or draw the graph for them. They also inquire about the consensus on whether zero-point energy can be utilized, with most scientists believing it has little practical use. They clarify that this is not related to any homework and apologize for any language barriers.
FluffyFriend
Hi, new guy here.

I once saw a graph on the development of the energy density of the universe, with the X axis measuring time (I believe it was in billion years or so) while the Y axis meansuring the density.

There were three lines in that graph, energy density of empty space, energy density of (visible) matter and cosmo constant.

And that graph showed somehow we exist pretty much at the time period when the two of them crosses (forgot which two but I believe it should be "visible matter line" and "cosmo constant line")

So any of you ppl can be kindly enough to post that graph here? Or even draw me one? I thought I saw it on a magazine in a library but failed to locate it after pawing through almost 2 years' publication.

Also, I'd like to know if there is a consensus on whether the zero-point energy can be utilized. Based on what I've read, most scientist deems the zero-point energy has little practical use. I'd be delighted to know that I was misinformed.

None of the issue above was a part or related to homework of any kind, should mod find this topic inappropriate for any reason, this thread can be deleted.

And BTW, sorry for my linguistic skills. I'm not a native speaker.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Physics news on Phys.org
For a partial answer at least, I believe there is a rather widely held belief that it is impossible to do anything useful with the zero-point energy (or equivalently, that the actual value of the zero-point energy has no physical consequences, so it might as well be zero).

Any help is appreciated, thanks a lot.

Related to Info regarding energy density of empty space?

What is energy density of empty space?

The energy density of empty space, also known as vacuum energy or dark energy, is a theoretical concept in physics that refers to the amount of energy that exists in a volume of completely empty space.

How is energy density of empty space measured?

Energy density of empty space is measured using a unit called the Planck energy density, which is equal to 10^113 Joules per cubic meter. This unit is based on the Planck length and Planck time, which are fundamental constants in physics.

What is the significance of energy density of empty space?

The energy density of empty space is significant because it is thought to be the driving force behind the expansion of the universe. It is also believed to play a role in the formation of galaxies and other large structures in the universe.

How does energy density of empty space relate to the concept of dark energy?

The energy density of empty space is closely related to the concept of dark energy, which is a hypothetical form of energy that is thought to make up about 70% of the total energy in the universe. It is believed that dark energy is responsible for the accelerating expansion of the universe.

Is there any evidence for the existence of energy density of empty space?

While there is currently no direct evidence for the existence of energy density of empty space, its effects are observed through the expansion of the universe and the behavior of galaxies. Scientists are continuing to study and explore this concept in order to better understand the mysteries of the universe.