Inquiry Regarding Concept in Time and Celestial Motion

RBP3
TL;DR Summary
mapping earth's trajectory could yield insights into the temporal coordinates of specific moments in cosmic history
I am writing to investigate a unique theoretical perspective that explores the relationship between time and the motion of celestial bodies, particularly focusing on Earth's trajectory through space. I posit that time, particularly in the past, is intricately connected to the precise path that a celestial body traverses in space. Taking into account Earth's three primary velocities—the expansion speed associated with the Big Bang, the Milky Way galaxy's rotational motion, and Earth's orbit around the sun—I envision a framework in which mapping this trajectory could yield insights into the temporal coordinates of specific moments in cosmic history. I am eager to learn if this concept has been studied as it may offer a new perspective on the interplay between gravity, spacetime, and time itself.

• Skeptical
Likes Motore
Physics news on Phys.org
Sadly, your approach will not work.

We have no way of knowing our absolute position in spacetime aka absolute rest frame only our position relative to other astronomical entities. While people have imagined the earth orbiting the sun and the sun orbiting the galactic center in a kind of oscillating fashion, we have scientific measurements of the motion that descibes it more accurately.

and from PBS Spacetime which may answer your questions concerning rest frames:

Last edited:
RBP3 said:
Taking into account Earth's three primary velocities—the expansion speed associated with the Big Bang, the Milky Way galaxy's rotational motion, and Earth's orbit around the sun
The first of these isn't even a velocity, so you're approach is already questionable. The expansion 'speed' isn't a set speed at all, but a changing speed with a value of about 73 km/s/Mpc. This speed changes with increasing distance between two objects. It is also potentially different for each object you look at. So you can simultaneously be receding from one galaxy at 50 km/s and another at 100 km/s due to expansion.

RBP3 said:
I envision a framework in which mapping this trajectory could yield insights into the temporal coordinates of specific moments in cosmic history. I am eager to learn if this concept has been studied as it may offer a new perspective on the interplay between gravity, spacetime, and time itself.
The interplay is already well understood and is fully explained by GR. So fully that we have zero clear violations of the predictions of general relativity despite nearly a century of searching.

Since we don't discuss personal theories here at PF I'm afraid I have to lock this thread.

Likes topsquark