Integrating operational amplifier

In summary: That's why you are confused. You are not writing a KCL equation at the "-" input to the opamp.In summary, to calculate the output voltage of the amplifier, you need to write a KCL equation at the "-" input to the opamp and take into account the impedance of the resistor and capacitor in series. This will allow you to solve for the ratio of output voltage to input voltage.
maven sharma

Homework Statement

Calculate the output voltage of the amplifier
lWWX9.jpg

2. Homework Equations
classic_circuit_1000-jpg.jpg
[/B]
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/opamp/opamp32.gif

The Attempt at a Solution

I do not know how to approach a circuit with RC in series to inverting terminal of integrating op amp

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-2_16-29-21.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-2_16-29-21.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 639
  • lWWX9.jpg
    lWWX9.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,223
  • classic_circuit_1000-jpg.jpg
    classic_circuit_1000-jpg.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 980
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
maven sharma said:
I do not know how to approach a circuit with RC in series to inverting terminal of integrating op amp
You still write the KCL equation at the "-" input to the opamp. The impedance to the right is just the sum of the impedances of the resistor and capacitor. Can you show us that equation and then how you would solve it to get Vo/Vi? :smile:

berkeman said:
You still write the KCL equation at the "-" input to the opamp. The impedance to the right is just the sum of the impedances of the resistor and capacitor. Can you show us that equation and then how you would solve it to get Vo/Vi? :smile:
upload_2018-5-2_18-2-12.png

yeah i can do it when its standard integrating op amp circuit but when a resister ans capacitor is added(see below image) to the inverting terminal in feedback then i don't know how to form equation
lwwx9-jpg.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-2_18-2-12.png
    upload_2018-5-2_18-2-12.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,284
  • lwwx9-jpg.jpg
    lwwx9-jpg.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,316
maven sharma said:
View attachment 225039

yeah i can do it when its standard integrating op amp circuit but when a resister ans capacitor is added(see below image) to the inverting terminal in feedback then i don't know how to form equation
View attachment 225040
upload_2018-5-2_18-24-36.jpeg

Am I right?

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-2_18-24-36.jpeg
    upload_2018-5-2_18-24-36.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,165
maven sharma said:
Currents sum in a series circuit? Your "KCL" equation is not a KCL equation!

1. What is an operational amplifier (op-amp)?

An operational amplifier, often referred to as an op-amp, is a type of electronic circuit component that is used for signal amplification and processing. It is typically used in analog circuits and has two input terminals (inverting and non-inverting) and one output terminal.

2. How does an op-amp work?

An op-amp works by taking the difference between its two input signals and amplifying it. This amplified output is then fed back to the input through a feedback loop, which helps to control the gain and stability of the op-amp. The output of an op-amp is typically much larger than the input signal, making it useful for amplification purposes.

3. What is the purpose of integrating an op-amp?

The process of integrating an op-amp involves connecting external components, such as resistors and capacitors, to the op-amp in order to modify its behavior. This can be done to alter the amplification, filtering, or other characteristics of the op-amp, making it more suitable for a specific application.

4. What are some common applications of integrating an op-amp?

Integrating an op-amp can be used to create a variety of electronic circuits, such as filters, oscillators, and amplifiers. Some common applications include audio amplifiers, signal conditioning circuits, and active filters for removing noise from a signal.

5. What are some tips for integrating an op-amp successfully?

When integrating an op-amp, it is important to carefully choose the external components and understand their effects on the op-amp's behavior. It is also important to properly design the feedback loop to ensure stability and avoid oscillations. Additionally, it is important to consider the power supply and temperature conditions, as these can affect the op-amp's performance. Finally, thorough testing and troubleshooting should be done to ensure the circuit is functioning as intended.