Integrating (x^2cosx^3)^6: A Review of Techniques

In summary, the conversation revolves around integrating the expression (x^2*cos(x^3))^6 and the various methods that can be used to solve it. The participants also mention that there may be a typo in the problem and that it is too complex to solve.
harpazo
Integrate this (x^2cosx^3)^6.

I absolutely forgot how to integrate several calculus 2 integrals.

Integration by parts?

Substitution?

Trig sub?

Partial fraction decomposition?

Physics news on Phys.org
Is that $(x^2\cos^3(x))^6$? Or $(x^2\cos(x^3))^6$?

greg1313 said:
Is that $(x^2\cos^3(x))^6$? Or $(x^2\cos(x^3))^6$?

It is (x^2*cos(x^3))^6.

Hi Harpazo. There doesn't seem to be anything nice about it. Maybe there's a typo or something - or maybe I'm missing something (but I doubt it).

greg1313 said:
Hi Harpazo. There doesn't seem to be anything nice about it. Maybe there's a typo or something - or maybe I'm missing something (but I doubt it).

I played with it a few times myself, and also came to the conclusion that there is likely a typo in the problem as given to the OP. :)

There is clearly a typo in this question.

We can do $(x^2\cos(x^3))^4$ with a combination of substitution, trig sub, and repeated partial integration...

I like Serena said:
We can do $(x^2\cos(x^3))^4$ with a combination of substitution, trig sub, and repeated partial integration...

Forget it. This problem is too involved.

What is integration review?

Integration review is a process in which different parts of a system or project are brought together and tested to ensure that they work together properly. This can involve checking for compatibility, functionality, and overall performance.

Why is integration review important?

Integration review is important because it helps identify and solve any issues or errors that may arise when combining different components of a system. It also ensures that the system works as a whole and meets the desired requirements.

Who is involved in integration review?

Integration review typically involves a team of developers, testers, and project managers. They work together to coordinate and conduct the review process, and make sure that all aspects of the system are thoroughly tested.

What are some common challenges in integration review?

Some common challenges in integration review include identifying and addressing compatibility issues, managing different versions or updates of components, and coordinating multiple teams or departments working on different aspects of the system.

What are some best practices for integration review?

Some best practices for integration review include planning and scheduling the review process in advance, setting clear objectives and criteria for testing, involving all relevant team members and stakeholders, and documenting and tracking any issues or changes that arise during the review.