Introducing Math Problem of the Week

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Featured
In summary: I needed it when I was just trying to understand real world physics.ThanksBillLandau is good! Actually I've had the bug since High School but when I decided to go into QFT it almost became a necessity. For reasons I won't go into here I've had to teach myself the whole field of QFT (Weinberg is my current favorite for this) and I've found I needed a heck of a lot of Math just to read it, much...more so than I needed it when I was just trying to understand real world physics.
Hi @Greg,

Perhaps now you make an update in the announcement, since things have been finalized with me (unless there is something else that is needed).

Likes anemone and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Euge said:
Hi @Greg,

Perhaps now you make an update in the announcement, since things have been finalized with me (unless there is something else that is needed).
done!

Not that it matters much, but it looks like the featured post didn't change with the edits made to the initial post.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The OP also only has a link to the high school POTW, and not the University or Graduate POTW.

POTW threads now have an official prefix

Likes anemone, I like Serena, topsquark and 1 other person
Greg Bernhardt said:
POTW threads now have an official prefix
It would be great if the POTW threads could find a place on the right panel. When fresh42 was managing the Math Challenges, I remember three threads pinned to the right panel. Something similar could be done for the POTW threads too...

Likes anemone, topsquark, I like Serena and 1 other person
Wrichik Basu said:
It would be great if the POTW threads could find a place on the right panel. When fresh42 was managing the Math Challenges, I remember three threads pinned to the right panel. Something similar could be done for the POTW threads too...
Good idea, I can do this

Likes anemone, topsquark, I like Serena and 2 others
Ok the widget has been added to the homepage sidebar

• Love
Likes anemone, topsquark, I like Serena and 1 other person
I'm so happy that @anemone and @Euge continue on their great work here at PF. Seeing how many people just respond to this announcement makes me smile. A community needs members of all sorts to thrive - those who ask, those who help, those who coordinate, those who lurk. :smile: PF looks to have a nice size of all of these.

• Love
Likes anemone, topsquark, Wrichik Basu and 2 others