Ions Table: Find the Perfect Resource for Your Chemistry Needs

In summary, the conversation was about finding a nice, neat and complete ions table. The person initially did not have one but later found some suggestions in the chemistry forum. They were directed to different websites that provide information on cations and anions, including complex ions. The person clarified that they were only interested in anions and cations, not complex ions, and thanked the others for their suggestions.
PPonte
Anyone has a nice, neat and complete ions table? I haven't found one yet.

----

Edit: Sorry, I have just found one. But if someone has a good sugestion do not hesitate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I was just interested in anions and cations not in complex ions. Thank you.

Related to Ions Table: Find the Perfect Resource for Your Chemistry Needs

1. What is an ions table and how is it used in chemistry?

An ions table is a chart that lists the common ions found in chemistry, along with their charges and corresponding chemical formulas. It is used as a quick reference guide for determining the charge and formula of an ion in a given compound.

2. How can an ions table be helpful in balancing chemical equations?

An ions table can be helpful in balancing chemical equations by providing the charges of each ion in a compound. This allows you to ensure that the total charge on both sides of the equation is balanced, which is necessary for a correct and complete reaction.

3. Are there any differences between anions and cations on an ions table?

Yes, anions and cations are listed separately on an ions table. Anions have a negative charge and are typically listed on the right side of the table, while cations have a positive charge and are listed on the left side.

4. Can an ions table be used for all types of chemical compounds?

An ions table can be used for most ionic compounds, which are formed when a metal and a nonmetal bond together. However, it may not be as useful for covalent compounds, which are formed when two or more nonmetals bond together.

5. Where can I find a reliable ions table for my chemistry needs?

There are many ions tables available online and in chemistry textbooks. It is important to use a reputable source, such as a scientific journal or textbook, to ensure the accuracy of the information. Additionally, your chemistry teacher or professor may provide you with a recommended ions table to use for your coursework.