Is 1MW 6kV 1600 RPM Motor Really Worth Only 40 Euros?

In summary, the conversation is about a 1MW, 6kV, 1600 RPM, Cage Rotor Asynchronous Motor with 3 phases and 4 poles. The person is confused about the low price they received for the motor compared to the high prices they found online. They also mention a question about a 3 phase star/delta set up and the overload being lower than expected. They provide information about the motor's amps at 50hz and request help understanding the situation.
Obaid Mir
Hi...
Need help understanding 1MW, 6kV, 1600 RPM,Cage Rotor Asynchronous Motor, 3 Phase, 4 Poles.
I have the basic understanding of all ratings but have received very low price for this motor but when i searched on the internet it looked huge and had very high price as compared to what i have got... is there some misunderstanding? 40 euros vs 1000's of euros... is the 6kV rated voltage?

Thanks for help in advance!

Hi i have a question i was looking at a 3 phase star/delta set up and notices the overload was lower than expected it was a 37kw motor which is 66 amps to my calculations but overload was 38 i think roughly. I looked on the motor and found at 50hz 660v at star gave the same amps as what the overload was set at. do u understand what I am on about as we only work 3 phase at 415. i would be really greatfull if u could help me
thank you

1. What is an induction motor rating?

An induction motor rating refers to the specifications and characteristics of an induction motor, such as its power output, speed, efficiency, voltage, and current rating. It is used to determine the motor's suitability for a specific application.

2. How is an induction motor rating determined?

An induction motor's rating is determined by its design and construction, as well as its electrical and mechanical properties. This includes factors such as the number of stator and rotor poles, size and type of winding, and type of cooling used. The motor's rating is also affected by the ambient temperature and altitude at which it will operate.

3. What is the difference between rated and full load current?

Rated current refers to the maximum current that an induction motor can safely handle continuously without overheating. Full load current, on the other hand, refers to the actual current drawn by the motor when operating at its rated or maximum load. The full load current is typically higher than the rated current, as it takes into account the inefficiencies and losses in the motor.

4. How does the speed of an induction motor affect its rating?

The speed of an induction motor is an important factor in its rating. Generally, higher speeds require a more powerful motor with a higher rating. This is because the torque required to drive a load increases with speed, and the motor must be able to supply enough power to meet this demand. Additionally, higher speeds can also cause increased wear and tear on the motor, requiring a higher rating for durability.

5. Can an induction motor's rating be changed or upgraded?

It is possible to change or upgrade an induction motor's rating to some extent. This can be done by modifying the motor's design, such as changing the winding or cooling system, or by using a variable speed drive to adjust the motor's speed and power output. However, it is important to consult a professional engineer or motor manufacturer to ensure that any modifications are safe and suitable for the motor's intended use.