Is a 5 Ton Jack-Powered Generator Feasible and Profitable?

• Thread starter JLBRATCHER14
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generator
In summary, this guy has come up with an idea to generate free energy by using a 5 ton jack powered by a man jack and an electric motor. If this idea works, then he would make 4 of these and be making a pretty good living off of it.
JLBRATCHER14
Hi I’m new to this site.
Iv had this idea in my head for months and I’ve finally started doing some research to find off if it would be feasible or even work.
My idea is to have a 5ton jack powered by a man jacking away or maybe design a electric motor system to pump 2, alternating from one to the other as ones getting pump the other one is being released back down. If this would work then you’d have a perpetual generator.
Now make some gearing system to power a motor of the right size, this is what I need to no because I’ve been doing some research online converting tons to nm and into watts but I just can’t get my head around it.
My plan then would be to make a generator connect it the House and feed the excess back into the grid which I’d get paid for.
I learned that 5 tonnes would produce 50kw per hour est. So I’d need a 50kw motor?
in 24hr I’d yield 1200kw and on average you can sell back to the grid at 5p/1kw so that’s £60 a day
taking into account the average house uses a fraction of that a day this sound like a pretty good idea. Make 4 of of them and your doing pretty sweet

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.
Is this a perpetual motion machine, being used to generate free energy ?

Baluncore said:
Welcome to PF.
Is this a perpetual motion machine, being used to generate free energy ?
Yes if it works?

Sorry, but we don't discuss perpetual motion machines here. They aren't possible, and discussion of why tends to not be very productive. Here's a primer on PMMs in general and why we don't discuss them:
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/why-we-dont-discuss-perpetual-motion-machines-pmm/

For your specific ideas, it looks like you are confused about definitions/units for certain concepts. For example, force and power or energy are not interchangeable/directly convertible and I think if you get that straightened-out you'll see why what you are suggesting doesn't work. Lifting 5 metric tons, say, 3 meters would be 5,000 kg * 3 m * 9.8m/s2 = 147,000 Joules or 0.04 kWh. And it's the same tiny amount of energy expended when lifting as recovered when lowering it.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

Likes gmax137, berkeman and Mark44

1. How much power can a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator produce?

A 5 ton Jack-Powered generator can produce up to 5 tons, or 10,000 pounds, of power. This amount of power is equivalent to approximately 40 kilowatts.

2. What is the purpose of a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator?

The purpose of a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator is to provide a reliable source of power in situations where traditional power sources are not available. It can be used for emergency backup power, construction sites, and other situations where a large amount of power is needed.

3. How does a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator work?

A 5 ton Jack-Powered generator works by using a hydraulic jack system to lift and lower a weight, which in turn generates electricity. When the weight is lifted, potential energy is stored and then converted into electrical energy when the weight is lowered.

4. How long can a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator run for?

The runtime of a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator depends on the amount of weight being lifted and lowered, as well as the efficiency of the generator. In general, it can run for several hours before needing to be refilled with fuel or recharged.

5. Is a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator environmentally friendly?

Compared to traditional generators that run on fossil fuels, a 5 ton Jack-Powered generator is considered more environmentally friendly. It does not emit harmful pollutants or contribute to air pollution. However, it still requires fuel to operate and may not be as environmentally friendly as renewable energy sources.