Is Condoleezza Rice the Object of Moammar Gadhafi's Affection?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, it has been revealed that Moammar Ghadafi had a photo album with pictures of Condoleezza Rice, whom he admired and loved. This was confirmed in an interview on Al-Jazeera in 2007, where he also praised her for being a black woman of African origin. However, it is also noted that Rice received expensive gifts from Ghadafi. Despite his initial admiration, it is likely that his feelings towards her have changed due to current events. Interestingly, Ghadafi also had praise for President Obama, possibly due to his African heritage. This revelation has caused some controversy, with some questioning the sincerity of Ghadafi's words. However, it seems that Ghadafi was genuinely fond of Rice
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Did you see that Gadhafi had a photo album with photos of Condoleeza Rice? :smile: THAT is funny! I wonder how Rice feels about all of this.

It seems that Gadhafi was indeed quite enamored with Rice. This is a quote from an interview on-Al Jazeera, back in 2007.

“I support my darling black African woman,” he said. “I admire and am very proud of the way she leans back and gives orders to the Arab leaders. I love her very much. I admire her, and I’m proud of her, because she’s a black woman of African origin,” Moammar Ghadafi added.
http://www.secaucusnewjersey.org/moammar-ghadafi-kept-pictures-of-condoleezza-rice-8758.html

Absolute gold!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It was FUNNY, ... until,
It also noted that Condoleezza Rice received gifts worth $212,000 from Moammar Ghadafi.

Edit: I'm sure she had paid the gift tax to the IRS.

Last edited:
He had similar praise for Obama, for the U.S. having elected him. He may be attracted to her, but any African in the most powerful administration in the world probably interests him significantly.

Newai said:
He had similar praise for Obama, for the U.S. having elected him. He may be attracted to her, but any African in the most powerful administration in the world probably interests him significantly.

He probably isn't thrilled with Obama at the moment. :biggrin:

Also, I doubt it was "similar praise". He said he loves Condi. That is very unusual.

Ivan Seeking said:
Also, I doubt it was "similar praise". He said he loves Condi. That is very unusual.

A million bajillion bumper stickers here in the U.S. disagree.

Condi may appreciate that for about thirteen years, we had a cat named in honor of Gadhafi - Moammar Sheepdip the Filth [officially].

Related to Is Condoleezza Rice the Object of Moammar Gadhafi's Affection?

1. Who is Moammar and Condi?

Moammar and Condi refer to the former Libyan dictator, Moammar Gadhafi, and the former United States Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice.

2. Why is it significant that Moammar loves Condi?

The relationship between Moammar and Condi was highly controversial as Gadhafi was known for his oppressive regime and support of terrorism, while Rice was a prominent figure in American politics. Their unlikely bond sparked curiosity and controversy among the public.

3. Was their relationship romantic or platonic?

There is no evidence to suggest that their relationship was anything more than a political alliance. While Gadhafi did express admiration and affection for Rice, it is believed to have been purely platonic.

4. Did their relationship have any impact on international relations?

Their relationship did not have a significant impact on international relations. However, it did result in some diplomatic efforts between the US and Libya, such as the release of political prisoners and the lifting of some sanctions.

5. Is there any truth to the rumors that Condi reciprocated Moammar's affections?

There is no evidence to support the rumors that Rice had any romantic feelings for Gadhafi. In fact, she has publicly denounced his actions and human rights violations. Any interaction between them was purely diplomatic and not romantic in nature.

Back