Is Ramtha a legitimate channel or just a skilled actress?

• Thread starter PlasmaSphere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Channel
In summary, the conversation discusses a friend's recommendation to watch footage of JZ Knight who claims to channel a spirit called Ramtha. Despite not believing in spirits, the speaker watched the footage out of curiosity and was amazed by Ramtha's knowledge. Top experts have studied Ramtha and concluded that she is a non-local phenomenon. The speaker also notes that there is something different about JZ Knight when she is channeling Ramtha, and her words and demeanor are wise and thought-provoking. However, the speaker still has doubts about the authenticity of Ramtha's teachings.
PlasmaSphere
My friend recently reccomended i watch some footage of JZ knight, who claims to be channeling a spirit called Ramtha. Of course, i dismissed his comments, as i do not believe in spirits, or ghosts, or any other (probably psychosematic) phenomeneon. However, out of pure curiosity i did watch some footage of Ramtha, and i have to say, i was amazed.

She has been studied by a number of top experts, and they were all baffled by her knowledge. They both came to the conclusion that Ramtha is a 'decidedly non local phenomenon'.

There is something about her when she speaks that i can't quite put my finger on, there's something in the way that she says it that makes me think that she is not normal. She gives the deepsest philosophical discussion i have ever heard, and what she says does seem to make sense, its not your typical crank psychic crap. What she said really ressonated with me for some reason, and she scared the pants off of the person interviewing her by the deepness of her converstaion, he wasn't sure how to react to her. She started speaking about how you would define yourself, then speaks about our existence being intangible, our emotions and how we collectively percieve reality. You can see the interview here;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fNgIwIqnr7Y

The first thing that i noticed is how different a person Ramtha seems to JZ knight. Her entire volcabulary seems to change when she is 'channeling' Ramtha, so does her voice, and there is something in her eye's that seems different.

As i say, i don't generally believe in this type of stuff, but i have to admit Ramtha has intrigued me. I would have said that she is just a good actor, but what she says seems to be so wise i can't get it out of my head.

what do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think this is complete drivel and not worthy of discussion here.

You might consider raising your standards for evidence; even for anecdotal evidence. :smile:

Last edited:

I approach this topic with an open mind and a critical eye. While I cannot definitively say whether Ramtha is a legitimate channel or a skilled actress, I can provide some perspective on the matter.

Firstly, it is important to note that the concept of channeling, or communicating with spirits, is not supported by scientific evidence. There is no scientific basis for the existence of spirits or ghosts, and therefore any claims of channeling must be approached with skepticism.

That being said, it is possible that JZ Knight truly believes she is channeling a spirit named Ramtha. This could be due to a number of factors, such as psychological influences or a desire for attention and fame. It is also possible that she is intentionally deceiving others for personal gain.

However, the fact that she has been studied by experts and they were "baffled" by her knowledge does not necessarily mean that she is a legitimate channel. It is important to consider the credentials and impartiality of these experts, as well as the methodology used in their studies.

Furthermore, the change in JZ Knight's demeanor and vocabulary when she is supposedly channeling Ramtha could simply be a result of her acting abilities. It is not uncommon for skilled actors to take on different personas and alter their mannerisms and speech patterns.

In terms of the content of Ramtha's messages, it is important to remember that wisdom and profound insights can come from a variety of sources, including human imagination and creativity. Just because something resonates with us does not necessarily mean it is true or comes from a supernatural source.

In conclusion, while I cannot definitively say whether Ramtha is a legitimate channel or a skilled actress, there is no scientific evidence to support the concept of channeling. It is important to approach these claims with critical thinking and not be swayed by impressive vocabulary or perceived wisdom.

Related to Is Ramtha a legitimate channel or just a skilled actress?

1. Is there any scientific evidence to support the claim that Ramtha is a legitimate channel?

As a scientist, I must base my conclusions on empirical evidence. Currently, there is no scientific evidence that supports the existence of channeling or the ability to communicate with disembodied spirits. Therefore, the claim that Ramtha is a legitimate channel cannot be supported by scientific research.

2. Can Ramtha's abilities be explained by psychological or neurological factors rather than channeling?

There is a wide range of psychological and neurological factors that can contribute to the phenomenon of channeling. For example, dissociative states, suggestibility, and altered states of consciousness can all play a role in the experience of channeling. Therefore, it is possible that Ramtha's abilities can be explained by these factors rather than actual communication with a spirit entity.

3. Are there any scientific studies that have been conducted on Ramtha's channeling abilities?

To date, there have been no scientific studies that have specifically examined Ramtha's channeling abilities. However, there have been numerous studies on similar phenomena, such as mediumship, that have not found any evidence to support the existence of channeling or the ability to communicate with spirits.

4. How do experts in the scientific community view Ramtha's claims?

Most experts in the scientific community are skeptical of claims of channeling and other paranormal phenomena. They believe that these claims can often be explained by psychological or neurological factors, and that there is no convincing evidence to support the existence of channeling or the ability to communicate with spirits.

5. Can individuals be trained to become legitimate channels like Ramtha?

There is no scientific evidence that suggests individuals can be trained to become legitimate channels. Some people may have a natural propensity for dissociative states or suggestibility, which can make them more likely to experience channeling. However, this does not necessarily mean that they are actually communicating with spirits. Training may simply enhance these predispositions, but it does not necessarily prove the legitimacy of the channeling abilities.