Is Ronald Mallett's Time Travel Mission Respected by the Scientific Community?

• Thread starter Hyperspace2
  • Start date
In summary, there is a physicist named Ronald Mallett who is known for his interest in time travel and is planning to build a time machine. However, his background and theories have not been well received by other physicists and he is considered by some to be a crackpot. There have been discussions about his work on various forums and he has not yet been successful in his endeavors.
Hyperspace2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Mallett
I was curious about time travel topic. After googling about time travel topic. I found about this guy. I found this guy is planning to make some sort of time machine.

I didn't find his background fascinating as i read in wiki.

I have no special knowledge of relativity and other time travel theory.

I was just wondering how famous this guy is. How other physicist find his mission.

is he like crackpot? How famous is he media point of view? How famous or respected is he in acaedemic point of view?

just curious. sorry about my grammar.
Thanks in advance for your valuable replies

Physics news on Phys.org
Ronald ! Are you coming back from the past ? You know we already discussed your "theories" :rolleyes:

1) Who is Ronald Mallet?

Ronald Mallet is a theoretical physicist and professor at the University of Connecticut. He is best known for his work on time travel and is considered a leading expert in the field.

2) What is Ronald Mallet's theory of time travel?

Ronald Mallet's theory of time travel, known as the "Mallett's Time Machine", involves the use of intense laser beams to create a circulating space-time loop. This could potentially allow for travel into the past and future.

3) Has Ronald Mallet's theory been proven?

No, Mallett's theory has not been proven yet. It is still a theoretical concept and has not been tested or proven through experiments.

4) What inspired Ronald Mallet to study time travel?

Ronald Mallet was inspired by the death of his father when he was a child. He became fascinated with the idea of time travel and wanted to find a way to go back in time to see his father again.

5) What are some criticisms of Ronald Mallet's theory?

Some critics argue that Mallet's theory goes against established laws of physics and is not scientifically feasible. Others believe that even if time travel were possible, it would be unethical to alter the past or future.