Is There a Platform for Hosting a General Relativity Study Group in Physics?

In summary, the speaker is looking for tools and platforms to host a study group in physics focused on general relativity for graduates in the field. They have researched various platforms but are unsure which would be the best option and are seeking suggestions for how to manage and engage members. They are also considering physical meetings for a more direct involvement. They mention Meetup as a potential platform but express concerns about motivation and involvement of members.
Antonello
Dear All,
I am looking for tools and even online platform able to host a study group in physics. My goal would be the creation of a general relativity group. It will be a study group for graduated in physics (then not for amateurs) that for the simple pleasure of science would like to partecipate in such task. I went trough a list of platform and tool for collaborative work but I don't know if any of them would be the right choice. Could someone suggest me the best way to create and manage such group pushing people to be active member of it? Do you know any news about already existing groups?
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Antonello said:
pushing people to be active member

Remotely? Unlikely.

Borek said:
Remotely? Unlikely.
Yes I think so, but I am also thinking about a more directly involvement of people. Physical meeting, and
Borek said:
Remotely? Unlikely.
For this reason I am looking for some modalities allowing real participation. I went platform as meet up but it seems to me that there is no special motivation is given from meet up aorganiation. Is it possible that nobody never though about how to real involve people?
Thanks

1. What is a general relativity study group in physics?

A general relativity study group in physics is a group of individuals who come together to discuss and study the theories and principles of general relativity, which is a fundamental theory of gravity developed by Albert Einstein.

2. Why is it important to have a platform for hosting such a study group?

Having a platform for hosting a general relativity study group allows for easy communication and collaboration among members, as well as providing a centralized location for resources and discussions about the subject. It also allows for the group to reach a wider audience and potentially attract new members.

3. What features should a platform for hosting a general relativity study group have?

A platform for hosting a general relativity study group should have features such as discussion forums, file sharing capabilities, video conferencing, and scheduling tools. It should also be user-friendly and easily accessible for all members.

4. Can anyone join a general relativity study group on the hosting platform?

It depends on the specific group and their criteria for membership. Some study groups may be open to anyone interested in the subject, while others may have certain requirements or limitations for joining. It is best to check with the group organizers for more information.

5. How can I start a general relativity study group on the hosting platform?

To start a general relativity study group on the hosting platform, you can reach out to the platform administrators or create a group yourself if the platform allows for it. You can also advertise your group in relevant communities to attract interested members.