Is Wishing for the Best Year of Your Life a Scientifically Valid Concept?

• Thread starter rewebster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary, the conversation includes well wishes for a happy new year, a comment on hoping for better days ahead, a mention of luck at Google, a discussion about eggnog, and a wish for a wonderful year ahead. One person also expresses a concern about peaking in the new year.
rewebster
Happy New Year and may this be the best year of your life!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hear, hear! Same for you, rewebster!

And good riddance to 2009. Let's hope for better days ahead.

Go feel lucky at Google, everyone. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNuHTG6TRfw

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year!

I hope that the rest of the year goes better for me than yesterday though. The furnace fan and microwave both failed yesterday.

I know its often not as good as homemade, but I would sure like to be able to get eggnog (in those milk carton containers in grocery stores) all year around--I'm having the type by Prairie Farms---boy, that stuff is good!

Last edited:
Guernsey Farm dairy's Eggnog here. I met the cows, and was assured that this years batch is a vintage nog year.
Happy Twenty ten to all.

last day of the first weekend of the new year----

boy, its already starting to loose the 'new year smell'

rewebster said:
Happy New Year and may this be the best year of your life!

What a depressing wish. I really hope I don't peak this year and the rest of my life is downhill. :wink:

Happy New Year, though. :biggrin:

Related to Is Wishing for the Best Year of Your Life a Scientifically Valid Concept?

1. What is the significance of saying "Happy New Year to everyone"?

Saying "Happy New Year to everyone" is a way of expressing good wishes for the new year to everyone around you. It is a common tradition to say this phrase on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day as a way of spreading positivity and joy for the upcoming year.

2. Why do people celebrate the new year?

People celebrate the new year as a way of marking the beginning of a new calendar year. It is often seen as a fresh start and a time for setting goals and resolutions for the coming year. It is also a time to reflect on the past year and celebrate accomplishments and milestones.

3. How do different cultures celebrate the new year?

Different cultures have different ways of celebrating the new year. Some common traditions include fireworks, parties, and special meals. In some cultures, it is also common to make resolutions or perform rituals for good luck in the new year.

4. Is there a specific date for the new year?

The new year is typically celebrated on January 1st in most countries. However, some cultures follow a different calendar and may celebrate the new year on a different date, such as the Chinese New Year which usually falls in late January or early February.

5. How can I wish someone a happy new year?

You can wish someone a happy new year by saying "Happy New Year!" or "Wishing you a happy new year!" You can also send a card or message with well wishes for the new year. Additionally, you can give gifts or spend time with loved ones to celebrate the new year together.