Journal on hardware used to build quantum computers?

In summary, the hardware used to build quantum computers is constantly evolving and improving, with the most advanced computers currently having around 50-100 qubits. The main challenges in developing quantum computing hardware include maintaining the delicate quantum states of qubits and scaling up the number of qubits while reducing error rates. There are multiple types of hardware used, including superconducting qubits and trapped ions, and researchers are exploring various approaches. In terms of hardware, the main difference between quantum and classical computers is the use of qubits versus classical bits. Future advancements in hardware for quantum computers are expected to include improved qubit quality and stability, increased number of qubits, and exploration of new materials and technologies.
jonjacson
Hi folks,

This time is not a book, I would like to know if exists a journal explaining how a qubit is actually built, I mean the hardware not the theory. Indeed I am interested in any hardware related with these technologies.

I know this field is still in an early stage and they are still doing research, so I don't know if that has been published or not.

Thanks for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is a quantum computer?

A quantum computer is a type of computer that uses quantum bits, or qubits, to store and process information. Unlike classical computers, which use binary bits that can only be in a state of 0 or 1, qubits can exist in multiple states simultaneously, allowing for faster and more complex calculations.

2. What is the hardware used to build quantum computers?

The hardware used to build quantum computers includes superconducting circuits, ion traps, and optical systems. These components are used to manipulate and control the qubits, as well as provide the necessary environment for quantum effects to occur.

3. How do quantum computers differ from classical computers?

Quantum computers differ from classical computers in their fundamental operating principles. While classical computers use binary bits to store and process information, quantum computers use qubits, which can exist in multiple states simultaneously. This allows quantum computers to solve certain problems much faster and more efficiently than classical computers.

4. What are the challenges in building quantum computers?

There are several challenges in building quantum computers, including maintaining the fragile quantum state of qubits, reducing errors, and scaling up the number of qubits. Additionally, the development of quantum algorithms and software to run on quantum hardware is also a challenge.

5. What are the potential applications of quantum computers?

Quantum computers have the potential to revolutionize fields such as cryptography, drug discovery, and materials science. They could also be used for optimization problems, machine learning, and simulating quantum systems. However, more research and development is needed to fully realize the potential of quantum computers.