How Does Support Impact Recovery from Depression and Anxiety?

In summary: Your confusion is understandable, Danger. :)Now that you're aware of it, you can stop asking questions. ;)Your confusion is understandable, Danger. :)
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
For all who gave support and understanding, i guess a few of you know what depression and anxiety is like, its worse than a cold for sure, but the main aid to a cure is support, all though not cured i feel a heck of a lot better when i can drive the bad thoughts away with the good ones some of you guys have given me, recovery may be a long road but the journey is much nicer meeting friends along the way.
:biggrin: Wooly.

Physics news on Phys.org
Kudos!

"smooch" We have you covered Wolly.

Good to hear. Hang in there!

There are times when things look bleak and it can be easy to let that settle in your mind. I can't tolerate psychotropic medications (haven't found one that doesn't make me worse) so the options are "get out" "move around" "think of something different" "try something different" so the days (especially in winter) don't take on a relentless sameness. If you lived on this side of the pond, I'd insist that we take on restoration projects on British bikes and tune them up and flog them all summer long.

We really do care about you Wolram. You are absolutely delightful!

Chin up Wooly, you can do it.

turbo-1 said:
There are times when things look bleak and it can be easy to let that settle in your mind. I can't tolerate psychotropic medications (haven't found one that doesn't make me worse) so the options are "get out" "move around" "think of something different" "try something different" so the days (especially in winter) don't take on a relentless sameness. If you lived on this side of the pond, I'd insist that we take on restoration projects on British bikes and tune them up and flog them all summer long.

We could do the odd Harly too :wink:

wolram said:
We could do the odd Harly too :wink:
Harleys or Indians would be fair game.

Glad you're on the road wooly.

I wasn't sure what to say, to joke or be serious, so I left it up to those who know you.
I am glad to see you feeling better though. :-)

Glad your spirits are better, Wolram. :smile:

We're with you, pal. Keep your pecker up. (For non-Brits, that means 'stay cheerful'.)

Danger said:
We're with you, pal. Keep your pecker up. (For non-Brits, that means 'stay cheerful'.)

Actually Danger, for non-Brits it means something different. :biggrin:

Don't let things get out of hand before giving us PFers a chance to help.

We're here for you wolly.

Redbelly98 said:
Actually Danger, for non-Brits it means something different. :biggrin:
Ah, yes... I phrased that badly. Of course, I meant to explain to non-Brits what it would mean to a Brit. (I do get the irony of your comment, but thought that maybe I should explain for the benefit of some who don't have English as a first language. :wink:)

Danger said:
Ah, yes... I phrased that badly. Of course, I meant to explain to non-Brits what it would mean to a Brit. (I do get the irony of your comment, but thought that maybe I should explain for the benefit of some who don't have English as a first language. :wink:)

Now i am really confused
:smile:

wolram said:
Now i am really confused

Then my mission is accomplished.

What is depression and anxiety?

Depression and anxiety are mental health disorders that can cause intense feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and fear. They can also manifest in physical symptoms such as changes in appetite and sleep patterns, and difficulty concentrating.

What are the causes of depression and anxiety?

The exact causes of depression and anxiety are not fully understood, but they are believed to be a combination of biological, genetic, environmental, and psychological factors. Traumatic events, chronic stress, and imbalances in brain chemistry can contribute to the development of these disorders.

How are depression and anxiety diagnosed?

Depression and anxiety are diagnosed through a thorough evaluation by a mental health professional such as a psychiatrist or psychologist. They will assess symptoms, medical history, and any potential contributing factors to make a diagnosis.

What are the most effective treatments for depression and anxiety?

Treatments for depression and anxiety may include a combination of therapy, medication, lifestyle changes, and support from loved ones. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and medication, such as antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications, have been found to be effective in managing symptoms.

Can depression and anxiety be cured?

There is no definitive cure for depression and anxiety, but they can be effectively managed with treatment. Many people are able to make significant improvements in their symptoms and lead fulfilling lives with the right support and treatment plan.