Just a physics student trying to grasp a little more!

jazzywatermelon
How did you find PF?
searched for some example problems on google :)
So excited to learn more about physics and to further my understanding! :partytime:
This seems like a nice little corner of the internet. :]

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: !

At least it is a corner free of conspiracy posts and crackpottery!

Have fun (although the nerdy humor here isn't always as funny as people might think) and stay curious!

Likes jazzywatermelon
thank you!! you seem to have a lot of experience. i'm currently just doing a highschool physics course though, hopefully it'll go well in the future. :cool:

Likes berkeman and fresh_42
You are invited to ask questions if you don't understand something in your class. Just make sure you tell us what you have tried so far and where you got stuck. We are not good at answers to "I have no idea." but pretty good in calculations.

Likes jazzywatermelon
thanks! can i also ask what your favorite branch of physics is? i may not know it yet, but i'd still like to know.

jazzywatermelon said:
thanks! can i also ask what your favorite branch of physics is?
Mathematics :biggrin: :cool:
jazzywatermelon said:
i may not know it yet, but i'd still like to know.
There are many physicists on this site but not everyone is one. I'm a mathematician, others are chemists or geologists. What I can promise is, that you will (usually) meet knowledge at a university level. But don't be afraid, our homework forums are usually kind and know about students' difficulties.

Last edited:
Likes gmax137 and jazzywatermelon

What is the purpose of studying physics?

The purpose of studying physics is to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. It helps us to explain and predict the behavior of matter and energy, and has led to many technological advancements that have greatly improved our lives.

What are some common misconceptions about physics?

Some common misconceptions about physics include that it is only for geniuses or that it is too difficult to understand. In reality, anyone can learn and understand the basic concepts of physics with the right approach and practice.

What skills are important for a physics student to have?

Some important skills for a physics student to have include critical thinking, problem-solving, mathematical proficiency, and the ability to think abstractly. Good communication and teamwork skills are also important for collaborating with other scientists.

What are some common career paths for physics students?

Physics students can pursue a variety of career paths, including research, teaching, engineering, and data analysis. They can also work in industries such as aerospace, energy, and healthcare. Many physics students also go on to pursue advanced degrees in fields such as astrophysics, biophysics, or materials science.

How can I improve my understanding of physics?

To improve your understanding of physics, it is important to actively engage with the material by practicing problems, conducting experiments, and seeking help from teachers or tutors when needed. Additionally, staying curious and asking questions can help deepen your understanding and make connections between different concepts.