Just back from a short walk, for you snow bound east coasters

In summary, the conversation mainly revolves around pictures of flowers and the weather in different locations. The highest point in the Oregon Coast Range, Marys Peak, is mentioned along with a picture of it. The owner of the photos also shares pictures of their front yard and other flowers in their neighborhood. The conversation also delves into the number of petals on flowers and jokes about the weather and lifestyle in different places. There is also a brief argument about offensive comments, which is later resolved.
Ivan Seeking said:
No kidding. ...already broke out the Claritin and at the ready with the Benedryl.

As for the bugs, I'm more worried about our skunk population this year.

Well, they couldn't have all been female, so let's take a conservative estimate that half of them were...hmmm...3.5 females. Would you like me to round up or down? Or should we just assume one sterile pseudohermaphrodite? Okay 3, and 7 babies each...oh, plus a new litter to last year's mommy...28 baby skunks (plus 4 parents). Hmmm...if there's a bumper crop of insects (i.e., skunk food), the litter size might even be a bit larger! :eek: We better start working on baby skunk names now. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
Well, they couldn't have all been female, so let's take a conservative estimate that half of them were...hmmm...3.5 females. Would you like me to round up or down? Or should we just assume one sterile pseudohermaphrodite? Okay 3, and 7 babies each...oh, plus a new litter to last year's mommy...28 baby skunks (plus 4 parents). Hmmm...if there's a bumper crop of insects (i.e., skunk food), the litter size might even be a bit larger! :eek: We better start working on baby skunk names now. :smile:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had to run off a pack of four dogs by using the 12 gauge yesterday... I also talked to my tractor and dozer guy who has already trapped 11 skunks this year [then he shoots them]. Since we haven't seen any yet I'm hoping that they have all left our property. With the early spring it sounds like we should have seen them.

We also have a momma and baby deer living on our property this year. I can get within about fifty feet of them so far... They have learned the sound of my voice and simply continue eating when I'm near. Tsu's gardens will are in big trouble!

One more note, it seems that with the rabbit population this year, we are doomed to another [add echo and reverb] NIGHT OF THE SCREAMING BUNNIES.