Just had my new Lenovo Thinkpad T61 laptop delivered to me

• Thread starter leright
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary: I don't think I would ever use Lenovo's "repair" service again.In summary, Lenovo is basically slow at building new laptops and the turnaround time is really quick which makes it hard to wait for a repaired laptop. If the laptop comes back with additional damage, you're probably just going to send it back and get a refund.
leright
It's a nice machine. Too bad it arrived broke. The screen lid's latch is DOA. When I push the release lever to the right it doesn't spring back. Also, the clips on the left of the screen do not release when the lever is pushed. I have to release it by sliding a credit card under the screen lid. Blah. Other than that, it's a great machine. 14" widescreen wxga+ screen, Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5 ghz 6 mb cache, 3 gigs of RAM, nvidia quadro 140NVS graphics, 100 gb 7200 rpm hdd, 6 cell battery, bluetooth. Not to mention it has the typical ruggedness and strength the Thinkpad legacy is known for.

I called IBM and they said they will send me a box to send it out for repair. They claim I will get the box tomorrow (even though I just got the laptop today). They said I should receive the fixed laptop by wednesday. I am skeptical.

Anyway, it was kinda dissappointing to waiting for 4 weeks for the laptop to be shipping and delivered only to get one with a broken screen lid, but whatever.

Physics news on Phys.org
IBM's service is seriously fast. You'll very likely get that box when they told you. I use to have a T42 and I broke one of the key caps on the keyboard. I called them up and asked them how much for a new keycap. They just took down my address and the next day I had a brand new keyboard via FedEx overnight, free of charge.

I have a T61p now and I love it.

ahhh i hate sending stuff away for repair it feels like it takes forever

Why should you have to send a new computer out for repair? You didn't pay for a refurbished computer, you paid for a new one. They should replace it and when they finish repairing the one you return, sell it as refurbished.

My old comp got a kill virus recently and I got a new comp yesterday, its an HP Pavilion dv6380us (something like that) with a 250 Gb HD, 3 Gb or RAM, Centrino T5550 (I hate AMDs, don't know why, but I do, Intels are great), Bluetooth, Card reader, 6 cell battery, the whole deal, for $700. Don't really like Vista though, its OK, but yeah.

Moonbear said:
Why should you have to send a new computer out for repair? You didn't pay for a refurbished computer, you paid for a new one. They should replace it and when they finish repairing the one you return, sell it as refurbished.

Lenovo is so slow with building new laptops that it would take 2-3 weeks for them to build another one for me and ship it from China. I'm moving in 3 weeks so I don't have time to wait. I'd rather they just fixed the problem with the current laptop. The turn around time is so quick that I will probably have the repaired laptop delivered to my door by Thursday. I assume it will be as good as new, and if it's not then I will complain and demand a brand new one, or just send it back and get Mac instead.

Also, if it comes back with scratches or additional damage (as "repaired" inems under warranty often do) I will probably just send it back and get a refund.

Last edited:

Related to Just had my new Lenovo Thinkpad T61 laptop delivered to me

1. What are the specifications of the Lenovo Thinkpad T61?

The Lenovo Thinkpad T61 has a 14.1 inch display, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB RAM, and a 500GB hard drive. It also has a built-in webcam, fingerprint reader, and multiple USB ports.

2. What operating system does the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 come with?

The Lenovo Thinkpad T61 comes with Windows 10 as its operating system.

3. Is the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 a good laptop for gaming?

The Lenovo Thinkpad T61 is not designed specifically for gaming, but it can handle some basic games. It is better suited for business and everyday use.

4. Does the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 have good battery life?

The Lenovo Thinkpad T61 has a battery life of around 6 hours, which is average for a laptop of its size and specifications.

5. Does the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 have a warranty?

Yes, the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 comes with a standard 1-year warranty. Additional extended warranties may also be available for purchase.

Back