Justin Trudeau coming to politics

• News
  • Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    politics
In summary, Justin Trudeau has announced that he will be bidding for the liberal leadership in Montreal. He has previously been an MP for Papineau twice, but this will be a new venture for him. Many people find him to be too young for the position, but it seems that he has been contemplating this move for some time now. At 40 years old, he is relatively young compared to other leaders like Harper, who was 46 when he became PM. However, despite his youth, he has been involved in politics for some time and may not be as inexperienced as he appears.
Physics news on Phys.org
Gee. From just out of the blue...!

256bits said:
Gee. From just out of the blue...!
The thread title is bit misleading. He has been MP for Papineau twice but bidding for liberal leadership is new. Personally, I find him too young.

Not a question of "if", but "when" Justin Trudeau would make a move to become leader of the Liberal Party of Canada. The recent media blitz might have swayed his decision to run in the leadership race this time around rather than waiting for some time in the future which may have never happened, the way politics is.

He's what 40 years of age. Harper was 46 when he became PM.

Justin has been around not too long as an active elected politician, so his "youth" versus his "newness" might be a deception.

I am always interested in the leaders of our country and their plans for the future. Justin Trudeau, with his background in education and activism, could bring a fresh perspective to politics. I am curious to see how he plans to address important issues such as climate change, healthcare, and education. I hope he will use evidence-based decision making and consult with experts in their respective fields to create effective policies. I also hope he will prioritize science and innovation in his platform, as these are crucial for the progress and advancement of our society. Overall, I am looking forward to seeing how Justin Trudeau's bid for liberal leadership will shape the political landscape of Canada.

1. How did Justin Trudeau get into politics?

Justin Trudeau got into politics because his father, Pierre Trudeau, was a former Prime Minister of Canada. Growing up in a politically active family, Justin was exposed to the world of politics from a young age. He also had a strong interest in social justice and public service, which led him to run for office.

2. What were Justin Trudeau's qualifications for entering politics?

Justin Trudeau had a Bachelor of Arts in Literature from McGill University and a Bachelor of Education from the University of British Columbia. He also worked as a teacher, public speaker, and advocate for various causes before entering politics. Additionally, his family's political background provided him with valuable insight and experience.

3. When did Justin Trudeau first run for office?

Justin Trudeau first ran for office in the 2008 federal election, where he was elected as a Member of Parliament for the Papineau riding in Montreal. He was re-elected in 2011 and 2015, and in 2013 he was appointed as the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada.

4. What were Justin Trudeau's main campaign promises when he first ran for Prime Minister?

Justin Trudeau's main campaign promises when he first ran for Prime Minister included legalizing marijuana, increasing taxes for the wealthiest Canadians, and implementing electoral reform. He also promised to take action on climate change, invest in infrastructure, and strengthen Canada's middle class.

5. What have been some of Justin Trudeau's major accomplishments as Prime Minister?

Some of Justin Trudeau's major accomplishments as Prime Minister include the legalization of marijuana, implementing a nationwide carbon pricing plan, and increasing refugee resettlement in Canada. He also introduced the Canada Child Benefit, which provides tax-free monthly payments to families with children, and signed the Paris Agreement on climate change. Additionally, he has worked towards reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and appointed a gender-balanced cabinet.