Knowledge of Precalculus for Dummies Quality Needed

• Thread starter dmehling
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Precalculus
In summary, there is a discussion about the book "Precalculus for Dummies" and whether it is a good resource. One person mentions that they cannot find any reviews for the book. Another person suggests checking it out on Amazon, but the original poster is looking for opinions from other readers. A different book, "Precalculus Demystified" is also mentioned as a potential option. The conversation ends with someone encouraging the original poster to stop looking for books for "dummies" and to instead get a good book.
dmehling
Has anyone in this forum heard anything positive about precalculus for dummies? it sound like a pretty good book, but sometimes the dummies books are hit or miss. I cannot find any reviews for this book as of yet. If you have any knowledge of the quality of that book please let me know.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for those links, but I already checked Amazon and there are no reviews, only information from the publisher. I want an opinion from another reader. I do appreciate the suggestion of pre-calculus demystified which does have some reviews.

It costs like 13$, buy both for dummies and demystified :-) Cheap cheap

stop calling yourself a dummy and stop looking for books for dummies. get a good book, you are an intelligent student, or you would not be here.

see my who wants to be ... thread.

Related to Knowledge of Precalculus for Dummies Quality Needed

1. What is precalculus?

Precalculus is a branch of mathematics that covers concepts and topics that are necessary for the study of calculus. It includes algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and other advanced mathematical concepts.

2. Why is knowledge of precalculus important?

Precalculus lays the foundation for calculus and other advanced math courses. It helps develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills that are essential in various fields, such as science, engineering, economics, and finance.

3. What are the key topics covered in precalculus?

The key topics in precalculus include functions, trigonometry, algebraic equations and inequalities, logarithms, exponents, and complex numbers. It also covers the fundamental concepts of limits, derivatives, and integrals.

4. How can I improve my knowledge of precalculus?

The best way to improve your knowledge of precalculus is through practice. Work on a variety of problems and exercises to strengthen your understanding of the concepts. Additionally, seeking help from a tutor or joining study groups can also be beneficial.

5. Is "Precalculus for Dummies" a good resource for learning?

Yes, "Precalculus for Dummies" is a great resource for beginners or those who need a refresher on precalculus. It presents the material in an easy-to-understand manner and provides plenty of examples and practice problems to reinforce the concepts.