Where Can I Find a Comprehensive, Step-by-Step Method to Learn Maths from Scratch?

• Thread starter mather
  • Start date
  • Tags
    scratch
In summary, the person is looking for a comprehensive and self-study method to learn mathematics from scratch up to the first year of university. They are specifically looking for a step-by-step tutorial that covers all branches of mathematics and starts from the basics. They also mention their confusion with the different branches of math and ask for recommendations for resources such as Khan Academy and online math dictionaries. They also mention the importance of considering future career goals and seeking advice from a university math department.
mather
hello

I am looking for a step-by-step methodical way to learn maths from scratch up to 1st university year.

I need a whole and complete self study method (eg. CDs, DVDs, websites, books, encyclopedias, etc), that won't require you to refer to other resources

is there anything like this?

I don't want a bunch of articles in mathematics, which may be complete, but they are not in an order to guide your learning from the basics and upwards

I need something like a tutorial, that will start from not taking anything as known and lead you to advanced university-entry mathematics

first of all, I am troubled with all these branches of mathematics, calculus, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, differentiation, derivatives, etc

I don't know how many are of them and I don't know what each of these mean and contain

any help please?

PS: I tried to post this in learning materials, but couldn't

Physics news on Phys.org
Khan Academy is a very good resource. They have videos starting from early math ranging all the way to upper division math.

Try MathWorld

There are several good math dictionaries online, like MathWorld. Just google math dictionaries, and look up the explanations.
Calculus is differentiation and integration.
After calculus you need linear algebra, differential equations, real analysis, abstract(AKA modern algebra), probably complex analysis, some statistics. Electives depend on what you want to do later, but do not worry about that now. Some of these decisions should be put off until you've had more math and must make a decision.
You never know what may come up. Long out of school, I suddenly discovered "Very Large Numbers" , I mean huge, that exponents cannot deal with, way beyond googleplex. Its a hobby for me.
But you need a job. Visit a math department at a university, find out who is hiring grads and what they are looking for.

What is "Learn maths from scratch"?

"Learn maths from scratch" is a program or course designed to teach individuals the fundamentals of mathematics and build a strong foundation for further learning in the subject.

Who is "Learn maths from scratch" for?

"Learn maths from scratch" is for anyone who wants to improve their understanding and skills in mathematics. It can benefit students of all ages, from elementary school to college, as well as adults who want to refresh their math knowledge.

Do I need any prior knowledge to enroll in "Learn maths from scratch"?

No, "Learn maths from scratch" is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of mathematics. It starts from the very basics and gradually builds upon concepts and skills.

What topics are covered in "Learn maths from scratch"?

"Learn maths from scratch" covers a wide range of topics in mathematics, including arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and more. It aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject.

How can "Learn maths from scratch" benefit me?

"Learn maths from scratch" can benefit you by improving your problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and logical reasoning abilities. It can also help you in your academic or professional pursuits that require a strong understanding of mathematics.