Where Can I Find Resources to Learn Physics and Math from Scratch?

In summary, the best way to start learning physics from scratch is to familiarize yourself with basic concepts and principles through textbooks and online lectures, and to practice solving problems. While a strong math background can be helpful, it is not a requirement. To stay motivated, set achievable goals and consider finding a study partner or joining a study group. There are many online resources available to help with learning, including courses, video lectures, and forums. The time it takes to learn physics from scratch can vary, but with consistent effort and practice, a solid understanding of the basics can be gained within a few months.
Neeleshatom
How did you find PF?
Randomly
I want to learn physics and mathematics from the absolute basics to the highest level.Please suggest books and online courses.From basics please.

Physics news on Phys.org
Neeleshatom said:
How did you find PF?: Randomly

I want to learn physics and mathematics from the absolute basics to the highest level.Please suggest books and online courses.From basics please.
You must have some starting point, especially for the maths. Do you know high-school maths?

Perhaps the first place to look is the Khan academy:

https://www.khanacademy.org/

Likes russ_watters
No I'm in secondary school.

Consider me as knowing absolutely nothing.

Neeleshatom said:
Consider me as knowing absolutely nothing.

The Khan Academy is your best starting point.

1. What is the best way to start learning physics from scratch?

The best way to start learning physics from scratch is to first familiarize yourself with the basic concepts and principles. This can be done through reading introductory textbooks or watching online lectures. It is also important to practice solving problems to gain a better understanding of the material.

2. Do I need to have a strong math background to learn physics?

Having a strong math background can certainly be helpful in learning physics, but it is not a requirement. Many introductory physics courses will cover the necessary math concepts as they come up. However, having a basic understanding of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry is recommended.

3. How can I stay motivated while learning physics from scratch?

One way to stay motivated while learning physics from scratch is to set achievable goals for yourself. This could be completing a certain number of practice problems each day or mastering a specific concept. It is also helpful to find a study partner or join a study group to keep yourself accountable and motivated.

4. Are there any online resources that can help me learn physics from scratch?

Yes, there are many online resources available to help you learn physics from scratch. Some popular options include online courses, video lectures, and interactive simulations. You can also find forums and online communities where you can ask questions and get help from others.

5. How long does it take to learn physics from scratch?

The amount of time it takes to learn physics from scratch can vary depending on individual learning styles and the level of depth you want to achieve. However, with consistent effort and practice, it is possible to gain a solid understanding of the basics within a few months. Ongoing practice and application of concepts will continue to deepen your understanding over time.