Learning strategy for mechanical design (machine elements)

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for hydrodynamic radial sliding bearings and the confusion over its name. The participant suggests looking under hydrodynamic bearings and sliding bearings in order to find relevant information.
mech-eng
Hi, I would like to establish a advancing/learning way to learn and understand machine elements. Today I tried to search for hydrodynamic radial sliding bearings on search engines but I have find only two results. Is something wrong for it? it should have another names.

Source:https://www.google.com.tr/#q="hydrodynamic+radial+sliding+bearing"&tbm=bks

Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed/dual_cycle

I know from seilinger combustion cycle that the name seilinger is especially for German. In English, the common name or concept for that cycle is dual cycle or limited pressure cycle or mixed cycle, seilinger is rarely used. There must be something like seilinger for my search on those bearings.

Have a nice day.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

The term "hydrodynamic radial sliding bearings" describes a fairly narrow field, a subset of hydrodynamic bearings. Most bearing act radially, so the modifier "radial" is largely redundant. Sliding bearings are usually considered a separate field.

So... I would suggest that you look under
1) Hydrodynamic bearings
2) Sliding bearings
and hope that somewhere, somehow, you find the intersection of these two.

1. What is the importance of a learning strategy for mechanical design?

A learning strategy for mechanical design is important because it helps engineers and designers gain a deeper understanding of the principles and techniques used in designing machine elements. It also allows for a systematic approach to problem-solving and helps to improve overall design efficiency.

2. What are the key elements of a learning strategy for mechanical design?

The key elements of a learning strategy for mechanical design include understanding design principles, studying material properties and their effects, learning about different types of machine elements, practicing design calculations and simulations, and staying updated with industry advancements and standards.

3. How can I improve my learning strategy for mechanical design?

To improve your learning strategy for mechanical design, you can start by setting specific learning goals and creating a study plan. You can also seek guidance from experienced engineers or take relevant courses to gain practical knowledge. It is also important to regularly review and practice the concepts learned.

4. Is it necessary to have hands-on experience in mechanical design to develop a good learning strategy?

While practical experience in mechanical design can greatly enhance your learning strategy, it is not a necessity. With dedication and a strong theoretical understanding of design principles, you can develop a successful learning strategy for mechanical design.

5. How can I stay updated with the latest developments in mechanical design?

To stay updated with the latest developments in mechanical design, you can attend conferences and workshops, read industry publications and journals, and follow reputable online resources and forums. Networking with other professionals in the field can also provide valuable insights and updates.