Login Broken: Investigating Now - Thank You

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there was an issue with logging into the website, causing broken avatars for some users. The issue was brought to the attention of the website administrator, who fixed the problem and tested the image upload function. The issue has been resolved.
At the moment logging in appears broken. I am looking into it. Thanks for your patience!

Physics news on Phys.org
The North Koreans?

Bystander said:
The North Koreans?
Well we have had that "Interview" thread up for awhile... :D

@Greg Bernhardt You might want to look at the avatar permissions. I'm getting blank avatars for a lot of users. Yours is OK but when I click on Evo's or lisab's I get a broken image link. I tried copying the image url and it returns a 403 Forbidden error.

Edit: More info. When I right click on a visible avatar and select copy image location, I get something like this (Bystander's):
https://physicsforums-bernhardtmediall.netdna-ssl.com/data/avatars/m/0/50.jpg?1419667523
However, the url in the popup window uses a different url which is blocked:
https://physicsforums-bernhardtmediall.netdna-ssl.com/data/avatars/l/0/50.jpg?1419667523

Looks like the stuff in the l directory doesn't have permissions set correctly.

Now I'm getting some m directory images that won't display either:
https://www.physicsforums.com/data/avatars/m/536/536228.jpg?1419976116

Last edited:
Borg said:
@Greg Bernhardt You might want to look at the avatar permissions. I'm getting blank avatars for a lot of users. Yours is OK but when I click on Evo's or lisab's I get a broken image link. I tried copying the image url and it returns a 403 Forbidden error.
Thanks, I'll take a look

Should be fixed now.

upload_2015-1-4_23-29-43.png

Also testing image upload

Likes MatthewW

Related to Login Broken: Investigating Now - Thank You

1. What does "Login Broken: Investigating Now - Thank You" mean?

The message "Login Broken: Investigating Now - Thank You" typically means that there is an issue with the login system and the team is currently investigating the problem. It is a way to inform users that there may be a delay in accessing their accounts.

2. How long does it usually take to fix a broken login?

The time it takes to fix a broken login can vary depending on the severity and complexity of the issue. Some problems can be resolved quickly, while others may take more time. The team will work as quickly as possible to restore normal login functionality.

3. What should I do if I encounter the "Login Broken" message?

If you encounter the "Login Broken" message, you can try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the problem persists, it is best to wait for the team to investigate and resolve the issue. You can also contact customer support for further assistance.

4. Is my personal information safe during a broken login?

Yes, your personal information is safe even during a broken login. The team will take all necessary precautions to ensure the security of user data. However, if you have concerns, you can always change your password after the issue is resolved.

5. Will I be notified when the login is fixed?

Yes, once the login issue has been resolved, you will be notified through a message or email. You can also check the website or social media pages for updates on the status of the login system. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to fix the issue.