Find a Forum for Printing Personal Reminders on Login

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
In summary, the person is looking for a forum that can provide personal reminder messages when they log in, and suggests a page of text that they can edit. They also mention that forums may not be the best place to find this functionality and suggest using applications that synchronize across devices.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
I'd like to find a forum that would print reminder messages when I log in - personal reminders that I would compose myself like: Did you take you morning pills yet? You have a dental appointment at 1:30 PM on Wednesday. etc. I realize there are applications for computers and phones that do this. However I don't always use the same computer and I don't pick up my phone the first thing in the morning - it's usually in my trousers in another room. I'm not talking about a sophisticated reminder function that would be keyed to a calender - just a page of text that I could edit that would be displayed when I login. Would that be a good feature for physicsforums?

Physics news on Phys.org
Stephen Tashi said:
I'd like to find a forum that would print reminder messages when I log in - personal reminders that I would compose myself like: Did you take you morning pills yet? You have a dental appointment at 1:30 PM on Wednesday. etc.
Forums are places where you can discuss things with other people so they are not the obvious places to find such functionality.

Stephen Tashi said:
I realize there are applications for computers and phones that do this. However I don't always use the same computer and I don't pick up my phone the first thing in the morning - it's usually in my trousers in another room.
That's why most of these applications synchronize across devices: have you looked at e.g. Remember the Milk, ToDoIst, Evernote, OneNote perhaps even Trello?

Likes Haborix and russ_watters
I regularly use the Todoist app mentioned by @pbuk on my phone and computer. It has been awhile since I used the free version, so I forget the capability difference between the free and paid versions.