Long distance broadcast, internet data packets across town?

In summary: This is a difficult question. There are many concepts that are needed to answer it. Some would be wavelength, bandwidth, modulation, noise, interference, audio spectrum, and PSK (Pulse Code Modulation). interferenceThere is no one answer to this question. Depending on the type of interference, it may require a completely different solution.
Shaw-krow
I got something i want to do for fun and help out a...person i know but i never finished high school so that's my degree level. i was wondering if there is a way under $100 to possibly use my internet or posibly 2 peoples internet connections on the other side of the town i live in, split up the internet pakets down 2 lines and broadcast the signal after it gets encrypted over multiple frequencly lenghs (avoiding 5ghz 2.4ghz and then decrypting the multiple threads to get a higher streamrate and bandwith, but the main goal is to:

lower Freq rate for low power long distance advantage and structure pierce ability

multiple freq's to compensate for lack of use of 5 or 2.4 ghz or (High Freq rate as stated above)

and another question i have is what is the math sequence for figuring out interference level/amount of data in a wirless stream such as square waves on 16bit vs 32bit float and incorporating these concepts into the multiple streams having different size square waves in correlation to the stream above or below for example 1/3 1/2 etc. Or a way to create a unique signal identifier separate from any known range. I have a lot of tools at my disposal. These are audio concepts but the interference compensation makes things difficult, so thans to anyone who can give me some input on this. I am a music professional not a wireless communications professional.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Shaw-krow said:
on the other side of the town i live in
A solution would be entirely different for New York and for anything smaller. Could you please give us a distance (in km) instead?

Shaw-krow said:
under $100
That might be possible for a few km distance, but not without 5 or 2.4GHz at this price range.

Shaw-krow said:
avoiding 5ghz 2.4ghz
That likely means a ton of permissions to get and rules to keep. Just does not worth it.

Shaw-krow said:
i was wondering if there is a way under $100 to possibly use my internet or posibly 2 peoples internet connections on the other side of the town i live in, split up the internet pakets down 2 lines and broadcast the signal after it gets encrypted over multiple frequencly lenghs (avoiding 5ghz 2.4ghz and then decrypting the multiple threads to get a higher streamrate and bandwith, but the main goal is to:

lower Freq rate for low power long distance advantage and structure pierce ability

multiple freq's to compensate for lack of use of 5 or 2.4 ghz or (High Freq rate as stated above)
What is your main goal here? Just to have encrypted private conversations with your friend over the Internet? That is fairly easy to do cheaply, without adding any hardware or alternate channels. What Internet access do you and your friend have right now? What type of cell phone access do you and your friend have right now?

If your wish is to use some separate communication channel other than the Internet, then as mentioned already it will depend on where you are. The radio frequency (RF bands) are typically regulated by the government as a shared resource, so you can't just put up a couple dish antennas pointed at each other and start transmitting in any old band you choose. If you can see each other optically (like with telescopes) in a reliable way, then you could set up the private channel that way, but you would already need to have the personal telescopes if you want your incremental budget to be $100.

Likes dlgoff

1. How does long distance broadcast work?

Long distance broadcast involves transmitting data packets over a long distance, typically using radio or satellite signals. These signals are sent from a broadcast station and received by a receiver, allowing the data to be transmitted across town or even across the world.

2. What is the difference between broadcast and point-to-point communication?

In broadcast communication, data packets are sent to multiple recipients at the same time, while in point-to-point communication, data is sent from one specific sender to a specific recipient. Broadcast is more suitable for sending data to a large number of users, while point-to-point is better for private or individual communication.

3. How does the internet handle data packets for long distance broadcast?

The internet uses a technique called packet switching to handle data packets for long distance broadcast. This involves breaking the data into smaller packets and sending them individually to the destination, where they are reassembled into the original data. This allows for faster and more efficient transmission of data over long distances.

4. What are the advantages of using long distance broadcast for internet data packets?

Long distance broadcast allows for a wider reach, as data can be transmitted to multiple recipients at the same time. It also allows for faster transmission of data, as it can be sent in smaller packets and reassembled at the destination. Additionally, it is less susceptible to interference or interruptions, making it a more reliable method of communication.

5. What are the potential drawbacks of using long distance broadcast for internet data packets?

One potential drawback is the risk of data being intercepted or accessed by unauthorized parties, as it is transmitted to multiple recipients. There may also be a higher chance of data loss or errors due to the larger number of devices involved in the transmission. Additionally, long distance broadcast may require more bandwidth and resources compared to point-to-point communication, making it more expensive to implement.

Back