Lookin for cool ideas for a Bachelor project

In summary, a group of 4 mechanical engineering students are looking for ideas for their Bachelor project for a local hydraulic-systems company. They are open to any ideas since cost is not a concern, but since they only have mechanical engineers in their group, the project must be mainly hydraulic/mechanical and will not include programming or PLS. They are seeking cool, fun, and challenging ideas for their project.
enanthate
*Looking for cool ideas for a Bachelor project!*

Hi everyone!
We are a group of 4 mechanical engineering students that will be doing a Bachelor project for a local hydraulic-systems company. We are just thinking of/looking for ideas...it will not be produced so cost is not a concern. Pretty much free to do whatever.

Usually the bachelor groups are made up of 1-2 mechanical engineers, a programmer, and a mathematician so they were able to do pretty much anything…This year, being that we are only mechanical engineers we will need a project that is mainly hydraulic/mechanical. Programming/PLS will not be included.
Does anyone have any cool/fun and challenging ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Do you mean "Bachelor degree", or "bachelor" as in marital status? If the latter, the answer is simple—robotic girlfriends.

Danger said:
Do you mean "Bachelor degree", or "bachelor" as in marital status? If the latter, the answer is simple—robotic girlfriends.

We're in college, no need for robotic girlfriends! :D haha

Saving that project for later in life :D

Likes Danger

1. What is a Bachelor project?

A Bachelor project is a research or practical project that students complete during their undergraduate studies. It is usually a requirement for obtaining a Bachelor's degree and allows students to apply their knowledge and skills to a specific topic of interest.

2. How do I come up with cool ideas for my Bachelor project?

To come up with cool ideas for your Bachelor project, consider your interests and strengths, discuss potential topics with your professors and peers, and browse through previous projects to get inspiration. You can also look for current issues or gaps in your field of study that you can address through your project.

3. What are some factors to consider when choosing a Bachelor project topic?

When choosing a topic for your Bachelor project, consider the feasibility, relevance, and originality of the topic. It is also important to ensure that you have access to the necessary resources and support for your project. Additionally, choose a topic that aligns with your career goals and interests.

4. Can I work on a group project for my Bachelor project?

Some universities allow students to work on group projects for their Bachelor project, while others require individual projects. If group projects are allowed, it is important to choose group members who are reliable and have complementary skills. Make sure to also clearly define roles and responsibilities within the group.

5. How should I structure my Bachelor project?

The structure of a Bachelor project may vary depending on the requirements of your university and the nature of your project. However, it typically includes an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. Make sure to also follow any specific guidelines provided by your university or supervisor.