How Much Does a Custom Car-Sized Amphibious Vehicle Cost?

• Thread starter edward
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vehicle
In summary, the Fast Track is an amphibious vehicle that combines the features of a hovercraft with several additional benefits. The company's website lacks detailed specifications and pricing information, but it is expected to be priced around $250,000 and up depending on sales volume. Despite its appeal, the high price may make it unattainable for many.
edward
The Fast Track

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, man... I want one of those! It seems to handle all of the reasons that I wanted a hovercraft, with several advantages.

I found their home page, which is VERY light on specs (other than claimed speeds in various media) and pricing is non-existent. I'd love to have one of those rascals, but I'd probably have to put a tarp over it and live in it since I'd have to sell my house to buy it.

The vehicles will be priced proportionately to the volume of sales. But, if you have to ask it, then a custom car sized vehicle would be priced for $250,000 and up.

http://www.bornrich.org/entry/fast-track-amphibious-vehicle-runs-into-production/

I think I will pass on this one for now

Related to How Much Does a Custom Car-Sized Amphibious Vehicle Cost?

1. What factors should I consider when looking for a new vehicle?

When looking for a new vehicle, it is important to consider your budget, the type of vehicle that suits your lifestyle, safety features, fuel efficiency, and maintenance costs.

2. Should I buy a new or used vehicle?

This decision depends on your personal preferences and budget. A new vehicle will have the latest features and a warranty, but a used vehicle may be more cost-effective. Make sure to thoroughly research and inspect any used vehicle before purchasing.

3. What are the top safety features to look for in a new vehicle?

Some important safety features to consider are airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic stability control (ESC), blind-spot monitoring, and rearview camera. It is also recommended to look for vehicles with high safety ratings from reputable organizations.

4. How do I choose between different fuel types?

When choosing between different fuel types, consider the availability and cost of fuel in your area, your daily driving habits, and the environmental impact. For example, if you have a long commute, a hybrid or electric vehicle may be more cost-effective and environmentally friendly.

5. Should I test drive a vehicle before purchasing?

Yes, it is highly recommended to test drive a vehicle before making a purchase. This will allow you to get a feel for the vehicle's handling, comfort, and features. It is also a good opportunity to ask any questions and address any concerns with the salesperson.