Looking for used physics lab/demo equipment

In summary, it is suggested to check out online marketplaces like eBay or Craigslist for used physics lab/demo equipment at a discounted price. Another option is to reach out to local schools or universities for any surplus equipment.
Tom Hammer
Hi, I'm looking for used physics lab/demo equipment that you might personally own and are looking to sell. I'm starting to do science with the grand-daughters, and buying everything new would be expensive. Things like: bunsen burner for propane, compasses, iron filings, bi-metallic strip, or anything that I could use that you would be willing to part with.
Thanks in advance.

Science news on Phys.org
Tom Hammer said:
Hi, I'm looking for used physics lab/demo equipment that you might personally own and are looking to sell. I'm starting to do science with the grand-daughters, and buying everything new would be expensive. Things like: bunsen burner for propane, compasses, iron filings, bi-metallic strip, or anything that I could use that you would be willing to part with.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Tom,

The PF probably isn't the best place for such a solicitation, since we are all spread so far and wide.

Have you looked on Craigslist? Even better, look into your local NextDoor online community (assuming that you are in the US) -- they have a section for free giveaways and for inexpensive stuff. You would probably get good local responses to a post on NextDoor...

Best of luck! :smile:

https://nextdoor.com/

Hi there! I don't personally have any physics lab/demo equipment to sell, but have you tried checking out online marketplaces like eBay or Craigslist? You can often find used equipment at a discounted price on those sites. Another option could be reaching out to local schools or universities to see if they have any surplus equipment they are looking to sell. Good luck with your science adventures with your granddaughters!

1. What types of used physics lab/demo equipment are available?

There is a wide range of used physics lab/demo equipment available, including instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrometers, and force sensors, as well as demonstration materials like pulleys, lenses, and magnets.

2. Are the used physics lab/demo equipment in good condition?

The condition of the equipment may vary, but most reputable sellers will thoroughly inspect and refurbish the equipment before selling it. Be sure to ask about the condition and any warranties or guarantees before making a purchase.

3. How can I ensure the used physics lab/demo equipment is accurate and reliable?

It is important to purchase from a reputable seller and ask for documentation of the equipment's accuracy and reliability. You may also want to consider hiring a professional to inspect the equipment before purchasing.

4. Can I find specific brands or models of used physics lab/demo equipment?

Yes, there are many sellers who specialize in certain brands or types of equipment. You may need to do some research and reach out to different sellers to find the specific equipment you are looking for.

5. Are there any discounts or deals available for used physics lab/demo equipment?

Some sellers may offer discounts or package deals for bulk purchases of used equipment. It is always worth asking about any potential discounts or promotions.