Looking to meet other people who like math

fibrebundle
How did you find PF?
google search
Hi everyone, I'm fibrebundle. I actually joined this forum because I'm really interested in abstract maths. I'm particularly intereseted in alegebraic topology and geometry at the moment. But I'm also really interested in spectral graph and graph theory. I'm starting grad school in engineering and hope to meet other people and take part in interesting discussions.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum. We have some good math folks here (and I'm not one of them :smile:) so you've come to the right place.

Thank you for the warm welcome :smile:. Happy to be here

Likes dlgoff
Personally, I prefer maths with an "s" on the end.

• Haha
Likes fibrebundle and DrClaude
PeroK said:
Personally, I prefer maths with an "s" on the end.
I don't, but it does have the virtue of not being misread as "people who like meth".

• Haha
Likes berkeman
Vanadium 50 said:
I don't, but it does have the virtue of not being misread as "people who like meth".
Do you mean meths?

• Haha
Likes phinds

1. What is the best way to find other people who like math?

The best way to find other people who like math is to join math clubs or organizations at your school or in your community. You can also attend math conferences or events, or join online forums or social media groups for math enthusiasts.

2. How can I make friends with other people who like math?

To make friends with other people who like math, try striking up conversations with your classmates or colleagues who also enjoy math. You can also participate in math-related activities or competitions together, or join study groups to work on math problems together.

3. Are there any online resources for connecting with other people who like math?

Yes, there are several online resources for connecting with other people who like math. Some popular options include Math Stack Exchange, Math Overflow, and Reddit's r/math community. You can also search for math-related groups on social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn.

4. How can I find a mentor or tutor who shares my love for math?

If you are looking for a mentor or tutor who shares your love for math, you can reach out to your school's math department or check with local tutoring centers. You can also ask for recommendations from your math teachers or join online communities where you can connect with experienced math enthusiasts who may be willing to mentor or tutor you.

5. Is it important to have friends who like math?

Having friends who like math can be beneficial for your academic and personal growth. They can provide support and motivation, help you with difficult concepts, and introduce you to new and interesting areas of math. Additionally, having friends with similar interests can make learning and practicing math more enjoyable and rewarding.