Lorentz boost -- speed or velocity?

In summary, the Lorentz boost formula for spacetime coordinates involves a factor (t-vx/c^2), where v is the speed and x is the distance. This can be confusing because v and x can also refer to velocity and position, and the direction of the movement can affect the result. However, the boost is the same regardless of whether the objects are moving towards or away from each other. The boost can be expressed as a matrix, which involves projection operators and the Lorentz factor.
I'm afraid that seems to me to be nonsense. If you are attempting to describe a published theory, please provide a reference (preferably a link) to wherever you read it. If you are proposing personal speculation, I recommend that you review the PF posting rules (in short: posting personal speculation is not allowed).

Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
I'm afraid that seems to me to be nonsense. If you are attempting to describe a published theory, please provide a reference (preferably a link) to wherever you read it. If you are proposing personal speculation, I recommend that you review the PF posting rules (in short: posting personal speculation is not allowed).
Unfortunately.

This thread is closed.