"Lump count inconsistency" error message in ANSYS Maxwell

In summary, The error you are receiving in ANSYS Maxwell is due to a lump count inconsistency, which is likely caused by an incorrect number of nodes in your model. To fix this, you will need to ensure that your model has the correct number of nodes and possibly adjust the mesh size or refine the mesh.
shimatavakoli
Hello there
Im really stucked with my model in ansys Maxwell. it has an important error saying the following :

[error] Separate operation failed due to lump count inconsistancy. Found 1 lumps instead of expected 20

and I don't really know what does it mean! I have searched all over the internet. just one forum in Russian language has talked about it , but I got really puzzled by because Google Translates it so bad.
Has anyone any idea, what's wrong?
Thank you in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
This error is likely related to the number of nodes in your model. It appears that your model has fewer nodes than it should have, which is causing the lump count inconsistency. To fix this, you will need to ensure that your model has the correct number of nodes. You may also need to adjust the mesh size and/or refine the mesh in order to ensure that all nodes are properly connected.

1. What does the "Lump count inconsistency" error message mean?

This error message in ANSYS Maxwell indicates that there is a mismatch in the number of lumps or elements in the model. Essentially, the software is detecting that the number of lumps in the model is not consistent across all parts of the model.

2. What causes the "Lump count inconsistency" error message?

This error message can be caused by a number of factors, including importing a model with different lumping settings, merging models with different lumping settings, or manually changing the lump counts for specific parts of the model.

3. How can I fix the "Lump count inconsistency" error message?

The best way to fix this error message is to ensure that all parts of the model have the same lumping settings. This can be done by either changing the settings for individual parts or by using the "Auto Lump" feature to automatically adjust the lumping settings for the entire model.

4. Can this error message be ignored?

While it is possible to ignore this error message and continue with the analysis, it is not recommended. The mismatch in lump counts can lead to inaccurate results and should be addressed before proceeding with the analysis.

5. How can I prevent the "Lump count inconsistency" error message?

To prevent this error message, it is important to carefully set the lumping settings for your model and ensure that they are consistent across all parts. It is also recommended to use the "Auto Lump" feature to automatically adjust the lumping settings for the entire model. Additionally, avoid manually changing the lump counts for individual parts of the model.