Make a test based on online available exercises (looking for websites)

In summary, the conversation discussed the search for websites that provide pre-made Math and Physics exercises, with the ability to customize and print them for students. The speaker mentioned the possibility of using textbooks or GRE prep books for this purpose, but noted that they may come at a cost.
robertphy
Hi, a teacher and I have been looking for websites to take Math/Physics exercises from, put them together as a test, print it and pass it to students. I know there are many websites that give you tools to write your own exercises (mainly many LMSes).
But we'd like to pick exercises already made, according to some conditions, like topic, grade, question types etc.

Have you already used something like that before?
Thank you and be well

Science news on Phys.org
I've only seen this from publishers of textbooks, so you could check with the one you are using. But that would most probably involve $$$.

Likes robertphy
Some of the GRE prep books likely include such exercises, classed by different criteria, though not sure the type you look for. And they do include solutions.

Likes robertphy

1. How do I choose the right online exercises to use for creating a test?

When selecting online exercises to use for creating a test, it is important to consider the relevance and difficulty level of the exercises. Look for exercises that align with the learning objectives and content of your test, and make sure they are appropriate for the level of knowledge and skills of your students.

2. Can I use copyrighted material from online exercises for my test?

It is important to check the copyright status of any material you plan to use for your test. Some websites may allow their exercises to be used for educational purposes, while others may require permission or payment for use. It is best to contact the website owner or check the website's terms of use for clarification.

3. How can I ensure the validity and reliability of online exercises for my test?

To ensure the validity and reliability of online exercises, it is important to review them thoroughly and consider factors such as the source, accuracy, and variety of the questions. You may also want to pilot test the exercises with a small group of students to gather feedback and make any necessary revisions.

4. Are there any tips for incorporating online exercises into a traditional test format?

One way to incorporate online exercises into a traditional test format is to use them as part of a larger test, such as a multiple-choice section. You can also use online exercises as a study tool or practice quiz for students to complete outside of class before taking the actual test.

5. How can I make sure my students have access to the online exercises for the test?

To ensure your students have access to the online exercises for the test, it is important to provide clear instructions and links to the exercises. You may also want to provide a specific time frame for students to complete the exercises, and make sure they have access to the necessary technology and resources to complete them. Consider providing alternative options for students who may not have access to the internet or technology.