Mapping a Vector to a Vector Preserving Operations

In summary: I apologize if this summary doesn't address them all.In summary, the conversation discusses mapping a vector to a vector while preserving the operations of addition and multiplication. The concept of an isomorphism is mentioned, as well as the definition of a linear mapping which preserves addition and scalar multiplication. The speaker also mentions confusion about the use of f(x+y)=f(x)+f(y) and what will happen under a linear mapping. However, it is not clear what specific questions the speaker has.
RyozKidz
can i know how to map a vector to a vector by preserving the operation if addition and mutiplication ..pls dun use f(x+y)=f(x)+f(y)..
i wan to know how to use in abstract ...
if i do the mapping wat will happens?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Do you mean an isomorphism where addition and the inner-product are preserved?

RyozKidz said:
can i know how to map a vector to a vector by preserving the operation if addition and mutiplication ..pls dun use f(x+y)=f(x)+f(y)..
i wan to know how to use in abstract ...
if i do the mapping wat will happens?
I have no idea what your question is! There are many ways to "map a vector to a vector", some linear, others not. Are you specifically talking about linear mappings? What do you mean by "pls dun use f(x+y)= f(x)+ f(y)"? I can interpret that as "please don't use f(x+y)= f(x)+ f(y)" but what's the point in talking about linear mappings if you don't use their basic properties? And, finally, what in the world do you mean by "what will happen"?

i wan to know wat is 2 vector is under the linear mapping?
will it become a new vector?
actually how to preserve the addition or mutiplication operation when it is under
linear mapping??

The definition of a linear mapping is a map that preserves addition and scalar multiplication, so it doesn't make much sense to ask how you preserve that under a linear map.

A linear map takes vectors to vectors, but not necessarily in the same vector space

I hope this answers your questions; it's not really clear what you're confused about

Related to Mapping a Vector to a Vector Preserving Operations

1. What is meant by "mapping a vector to a vector preserving operations"?

"Mapping a vector to a vector preserving operations" refers to the process of transforming one vector into another while preserving certain operations, such as addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication.

2. Why is it important to preserve operations when mapping a vector to another vector?

Preserving operations allows us to maintain the original relationships between vectors, ensuring that the resulting vector is still representative of the original data. This is especially important in applications such as linear transformations and data analysis.

3. What are some common operations that are preserved when mapping a vector to another vector?

The most common operations that are preserved in vector mapping include addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication. Other common operations include dot product, cross product, and vector length.

4. How is mapping a vector to a vector preserving operations different from a regular vector transformation?

A regular vector transformation may involve changing the size, direction, or orientation of a vector. In contrast, mapping a vector to a vector preserving operations ensures that the resulting vector maintains the same relationships with other vectors as the original vector did.

5. What are some applications of mapping a vector to a vector preserving operations?

Mapping a vector to a vector preserving operations has numerous applications in mathematics, physics, and computer science. It is commonly used in linear algebra, data analysis, and computer graphics to transform and analyze data while preserving important relationships between vectors.