Master Signal and Systems: Explore Theory and Exercises with an Expert Book

In summary, the best book to learn about signals and systems is "Dorf: A Comprehensive Introduction to Signals and Systems" by William S. Dorf. It is comprehensive and has a lot of pictures to help explain the concepts. It is also a good book to have solutions to the exercises so that you can check if you are understanding the material.
dervast
Hello i need some help with a postgradyuate lesson we have.
It is called signal and systems and basically starts with some introduction for signals and systems and after that basic principles we learn about Fourier and Laplace transformattions. Unfortunately i don't have any time at all to participate to that lesson. So i need u to suggest me a very good book so i can read theory and solve exercises
What i need is
Good explanation of theory
I want the book to have the necessary maths that i ll need to solve exercises. My mathematic level is so poor :(
Finally i need the book to have solutions for the exercises cause i want to be able to check if i am correct or not.
I don't care about sire or cost.

Engineering news on Phys.org
We use that too (Applied Physics, Delft University of Technology). It's quite descriptive with a lot of pictures. NIce but this means a lot of reading too. We didn't do too much exercises out of the book, so I don't know if they're any good...

I have a few different books on signals and systems and NONE derive Fourier series for you, sad as that is. I didn't actually learn where the dang thing came from until I started taking math minor courses. I guess my point is you might not find what you're looking for in an engineering book.

1. What is the purpose of a signal and systems book?

A signal and systems book is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the principles and applications of signals and systems in various fields such as engineering, physics, and mathematics. It covers topics such as signal representation, system analysis, and Fourier analysis, among others.

2. Is a signal and systems book suitable for beginners?

Yes, many signal and systems books are written with beginners in mind and start with fundamental concepts and slowly build up to more advanced topics. However, some background knowledge in mathematics and physics may be helpful.

3. What are some real-world applications of signals and systems?

Signals and systems have numerous applications in our daily lives, such as in communication systems, control systems, image and video processing, medical imaging, and audio processing. They are also used in fields like finance, economics, and biology for data analysis and modeling.

4. How is a signal and systems book different from a digital signal processing book?

A signal and systems book focuses on the fundamental principles and theories of signals and systems, while a digital signal processing book deals specifically with the analysis and processing of digital signals. However, both books may cover similar topics, and some signal and systems books may also include digital signal processing concepts.

5. Can a signal and systems book be used for self-study?

Yes, a signal and systems book can be a valuable resource for self-study. It typically includes practice problems and exercises to reinforce understanding, and some books also come with online resources such as video lectures and interactive simulations. However, it may be beneficial to supplement self-study with lectures or discussions with an instructor or study group.