Material for superheated water

In summary, Nebojsa Sarac is asking for help with a dangerous project and does not have the qualifications or knowledge to do it safely.
Nebojsa
Hello,

I would like to do some experiment with superheated water on several hight temperature deegres (300, 450, 600, 750, 850, 900 °C). There is a problem and I need help. What kind of material could hold pressure of superheated water for a longer period of time (one week)? Please notice that material will be also under high temperature mention above, so it should not became softener under those condition of mixture of temperatude and pressure caused by superheated water.
Does someone have an idea or solution how to do this?

Regards,

Nebojsa

Science news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

What is this for and what is your level of knowledge? What you describe is inherently dangerous and we do not give assistance with dangerous projects unless the person undertaking them is qualified (which is generally not the case of someone asking on an internet forum).

Hello Russ,

I want to do experiment of creating coil and /or oil or at least something that will be similar to those two. (Water and wood is what is need combine with high temperature and time. Difference between oil and coil is the that in the case of coil water goes thrue the Earth and in the case of oil it stay with wood to the end of process. Similar to this:
http://www.halos.com/videos/0004-TheYoungAgeoftheEarthEnglish-214k.htm
I can do a lot of things in practice. This is what I do for a living www.aluminijumskicamci.co.rs I have the MSc title and I'm from Europe.

Regards,
Nebojsa Sarac

You did not answer Russ Waters' question about your qualifications. Many thousands of people have been killed by boiler explosions.

Qualifications include knowledge of boiler design codes and certification, not science laboratory experience.

What do you mean i didn't answer? Did you read the post above? I put my title MSc in engineering and even my website where you can see my last name on every boat, yacht, catamarans and construction containers I have been made! I know how to do things in practise and what is danger and how to avoid it (such is boiler explosions). About boiler design knowledge - I built the heating system for my house and it is done by hot water that goes under the floor (not sure how you call this type of heating in english)
Now , do you two, Russ and anorlunda know how to do this or you don't know? Are you just what I called a "good in theoretical physics"?
Regards,
Nebojsa Sarac

Nebojsa said:
About boiler design knowledge - I built the heating system for my house and it is done by hot water that goes under the floor
That is not what boiler design is about.

Many materials can contain the required pressure for years, if the walls and joints are thick enough. But those design details cannot come from an internet forum.

Likes russ_watters
Thread closed.

You didn't say engineering (nor what kind) that I can see, and didn't discuss the other relevant qualifications mentioned. The biggest red flag though is asking about the materials to use. The answer to such a question is almost always "steel" and is a trivial piece of the puzzle, so asking the question strongly implies extremely limited knowledge of the subject.

900C is way above the critical temperature for water and the explosive energy you'll be dealing with is enormous. It is not safe for you to be undertaking this project. Please don't do it.

Related to Material for superheated water

1. What is superheated water?

Superheated water is water that has been heated beyond its boiling point and is in a gaseous state. This means it is above 100 degrees Celsius at standard atmospheric pressure.

2. What materials can be used to create superheated water?

Materials that can withstand high temperatures, such as stainless steel, titanium, and ceramics, can be used to create superheated water. These materials are able to maintain their structural integrity and do not react with water at high temperatures.

3. How is superheated water produced?

Superheated water can be produced through various methods such as direct heating with electric current or microwaves, or through indirect heating using heat exchangers or steam injection. The specific method used depends on the desired temperature and application.

4. What are the potential applications of superheated water?

Superheated water has many potential applications, including in industrial processes, cleaning and sterilization, and energy production. It can also be used in laboratory experiments and in cooking methods such as sous vide.

5. What safety precautions should be taken when working with superheated water?

Working with superheated water requires caution as it can cause severe burns and damage to equipment. It is important to use appropriate protective gear, follow safety protocols, and use materials that can withstand high temperatures. Proper ventilation and pressure release systems should also be in place to prevent accidents.