Math + Alcohol = Better Results?

• Thread starter Nikitin
  • Start date
In summary: I end up going over things again and again and again until I either fall asleep or give up.In summary, alcohol can help improve creativity and make the consumer more relaxed. However, it can also have negative effects, such as making the person more prone to mistakes.
jim hardy said:
I do have one of each in my collection, and a 20" 4081. Still looking for a 5" Decilon..

20 inch! Pfft

I have an Otis King with a 10 foot scale!

oking1.jpg

You can make the scales a lot longer if you wrap them around a cylinder. Close it up and it fits in your pocket.

I think some actress or another once said, "Is that an Otis King slide rule in your pocket or you happy to see me?"

Physics news on Phys.org
Bahhhhhh... Math, Shmmmmmmm...ath.

Try makin' a mooofee, of this qualiddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPrtQ9AdoM0​

Being drunk while doing math or running a spaceship may not work, but it worked for the Kingsmen in 1963 when they recorded this hit song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZJ4ESU52U

SW VandeCarr said:
Being drunk while doing math or running a spaceship may not work, but it worked for the Kingsmen in 1963 when they recorded this hit song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RZJ4ESU52U

Had you posted this an hour ago, I'd have posted a live picture of the venue where this was recorded.

But, it's Friday, and I'm drunk, and I'm sure all the stories of "They recorded that song up there!", are make believe.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2013/09/louie_louie_finds_another_plac.html

----------------------
[edit] hmmmm... It's true.
I always find it weird that people from across the country will mention something that is only a block away from where I'm sitting.

Last edited:
OmCheeto said:
Bahhhhhh... Math, Shmmmmmmm...ath.

Try makin' a mooofee, of this qualiddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPrtQ9AdoM0​

I believe you should be drunk while watching this vid to appreciate it.

Luckily for me, I am not.

I find that while many drugs inhibit computational abilities, they can be useful for forcing someone to look at a problem in different ways. There has to be a balance where they have some effect, but don't make the user a complete idiot at the same time.

One could try hemp too. I had a math friend who said cannabis increased his memory ?

jk22 said:
One could try hemp too. I had a math friend who said cannabis increased his memory ?

In all likelihood this is false, though you're sure to find exceptions. The short term and long term negative effects of cannabis on the memory have been well researched.

i heard once, but maybe this is more for physicists, that having sex makes you in better harmony with nature (hence a good way to discover laws of nature :-) ?! Moore seems to mean that a woman 'helped' Schrodinger to discover the wave equation, as a mistress maybe the waves a couple make during love in a super position) however i couldn't find out if they were drunk on this ski holiday.

Last edited:
I am converting my salaries into units of beer coupled with petrol bills + taxi cost to get through one night.

lendav_rott said:
I am converting my salaries into units of beer coupled with petrol bills + taxi cost to get through one night.
:biggrin: English people have beautiful pronunciation. I once was interviewed by a CEO from England, he asked me something I couldn't figure out, so I asked him to repeat and while he was explaining, I only paid attention to his lip movements (He is quite a guy but married) :biggrin: He is quite a "sanitary" person i.e driving a white car, wearing white trousers, drinking a white cup...

Last edited:
Im not anymore allowed to drink alcohol by the medical staff because i take risperdal but doing math under that drug is not easy neither, moreover surrounded with people with mental disease...

jim hardy said:
Yes, some of us remember that Paul McCArtney was in a group before 'Wings'.

Some of us are so young we don't even know who wings are lol.

inotyce said:
:biggrin: English people have beautiful pronunciation. I once was interviewed by a CEO from England, he asked me something I couldn't figure out, so I asked him to repeat and while he was explaining, I only paid attention to his lip movements (He is quite a guy but married) :biggrin: He is quite a "sanitary" person i.e driving a white car, wearing white trousers, drinking a white cup...

Sure you weren't being interviewed by God?:-p

Last edited by a moderator:
Superposed_Cat said:
Sure you weren't being interviewed by God?:-p

Does He speak English, then?

if so he has no excuse for not answering our prayers :)