How Can I Extract Function Expressions from a DSolve Solution in Mathematica?

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with defining a matrix using the results from DSolve in Mathematica. The person tried using R11 = {A11} /. Solution[[1]] but it did not give the desired result. The issue was eventually solved.
Qubix
Member warned for not using posting template
I have a very simple issue with Mathematica, but I can't seem to find an answer for it.

I solved an equation with DSolve, and I got a result as an array of the following type:

Solution = { A11 -> Function[ {t} , expression1] , A22 ->Function[ {t}, expression 2] , etc }

Now I want to define a matrix with elements {{A11, A12},{A21, A22}} and to give these elements the values for expression1, expression 2, etc, essentially to put those functions in a matrix:

{{ expression 1, expression 2},{ expression 3, expression 4}}

What I tried so far is to use R11 = {A11} /. Solution[[1]] , but it gives R11 the value Function [ {t} , expression 1] and not expression 1.

How can I solve this issue?

Physics news on Phys.org
Solved. Thanks.

1. What is Mathematica and how does it work?

Mathematica is a software program that is used for mathematical and scientific computations. It works by providing a user-friendly interface for inputting equations and performing complex calculations, visualizing data, and creating interactive models and simulations.

2. What are the main features of Mathematica?

Mathematica has a wide range of features including symbolic and numerical computation, data analysis and visualization, programming and algorithm development, and natural language processing. It also has a vast library of built-in functions and the ability to create interactive documents.

3. Is Mathematica suitable for both beginners and advanced users?

Yes, Mathematica is designed to be user-friendly for beginners, with a simple interface and helpful documentation. However, it also has advanced capabilities that make it suitable for more experienced users in fields such as mathematics, physics, engineering, and economics.

4. Can Mathematica be used for data analysis and machine learning?

Yes, Mathematica has powerful data analysis and machine learning capabilities. It allows users to import and manipulate large datasets, perform statistical analyses, and build and train machine learning models using a variety of algorithms.

5. What are the advantages of using Mathematica over other mathematical software?

One of the main advantages of Mathematica is its ability to handle complex symbolic and numerical computations, making it a versatile tool for a wide range of fields. It also has a user-friendly interface, extensive documentation and support, and a large community of users and developers constantly improving and expanding its capabilities.