[Mathematica/Math] : functions.wolfram.com

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Hepth
  • Start date
In summary, the website functions.wolfram.com is a valuable resource for Mathematica users. It provides detailed information and code for nearly all functions in Mathematica, including various representations and series expansions. This resource also offers downloadable notebooks for each function.
Hepth
Gold Member
This is not a question, but just information I would like to share with mathematica users. I never knew this existed somehow, but it is amazingly useful :

http://functions.wolfram.com/

It is VERY detailed, and has all code fro nearly all functions and their definitions in mathematica form. For example, look at :

http://functions.wolfram.com/GammaBetaErf/PolyGamma/

you can find its representations in all manner of possibilities, like

http://functions.wolfram.com/GammaBetaErf/PolyGamma/06/02/

I found this when trying to find the series representations of hypergeometric functions expanded about different indices (need derivatives of pochammer, etc). This basically had everything I needed, and is not just an information source like wikipedia, but has copy-paste-able equations for Mathematica.

On the left you can also download a notebook for the entire function. I wish this was built into mathematica (maybe it is in the newest version?)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for sharing.

1. What is Mathematica/Mathematical Functions?

Mathematica/Mathematical Functions is a comprehensive online resource provided by Wolfram Research that contains over 3000 mathematical functions, including algebraic, trigonometric, exponential, and special functions. It also includes functions for statistics, probability, and numerical analysis.

2. How can I use Mathematica/Mathematical Functions?

There are several ways to use Mathematica/Mathematical Functions. You can browse the functions alphabetically or by category, search for specific functions, or use the interactive function explorer to explore the properties and behaviors of different functions.

3. Are there any examples of real-world applications of Mathematica/Mathematical Functions?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of Mathematica/Mathematical Functions. Some examples include using statistical functions to analyze data and make predictions, using numerical analysis functions to solve complex equations, and using special functions to model physical phenomena.

4. Can I contribute to Mathematica/Mathematical Functions?

Yes, you can contribute to Mathematica/Mathematical Functions by submitting new functions or suggesting improvements to existing functions. You can also provide feedback and report any issues through the "Contact Us" link on the website.

5. Is Mathematica/Mathematical Functions available for offline use?

No, Mathematica/Mathematical Functions is only available online. However, you can download the Wolfram|Alpha app, which includes many of the same functions and can be used offline.