Mathjax not rendering in chrome or edge

• Thread starter brotherbobby
  • Start date
In summary, there could be multiple reasons why Mathjax is not rendering in Chrome or Edge, such as incorrect installation or conflicts with other extensions. To fix this issue, it is recommended to ensure proper installation and try disabling conflicting extensions or clearing the browser cache. Additionally, older browser versions may affect Mathjax rendering, so it is best to use the latest version. Mathjax not rendering is a common issue, but it can typically be resolved by following the aforementioned steps. Mathjax is also compatible with other modern browsers like Firefox, Safari, and Opera, as long as they are up-to-date and the extension is properly installed.
brotherbobby
This is how a part of my post looks on chrome.

1636355898524.png

As you can see, the latex (mathjax) equations are not rendered. Does anyone know of a solution?

Physics news on Phys.org
At the first glance, it should have worked. I don't see anything wrong, but wait for someother's advice.

Greetings

brotherbobby said:
This is how a part of my post looks on chrome.

View attachment 291934

As you can see, the latex (mathjax) equations are not rendered. Does anyone know of a solution?
F5.

Reload the page. This should solve the problem.

Likes jim mcnamara and berkeman

1. Why is Mathjax not rendering in Chrome or Edge?

There could be several reasons why Mathjax is not rendering in Chrome or Edge. One possibility is that the Mathjax script is not properly loaded or configured on the webpage. Another possibility is that there may be a conflict with other scripts or extensions on the browser. Additionally, the browser may not support the Mathjax syntax being used on the webpage.

2. How can I fix Mathjax not rendering in Chrome or Edge?

To fix Mathjax not rendering in Chrome or Edge, first check that the Mathjax script is properly loaded and configured on the webpage. If there are any conflicts with other scripts or extensions, try disabling them and reloading the webpage. If the issue persists, try using a different browser or updating to the latest version of Chrome or Edge.

3. Is there a specific version of Mathjax that works best with Chrome or Edge?

There is no specific version of Mathjax that works best with Chrome or Edge. However, it is recommended to use the latest version of Mathjax to ensure compatibility with the latest versions of browsers.

4. Can I use Mathjax in other browsers besides Chrome and Edge?

Yes, Mathjax can be used in other browsers such as Firefox, Safari, and Opera. However, the syntax and configuration may differ slightly between browsers, so it is important to check the Mathjax documentation for specific instructions on each browser.

5. Are there any alternative solutions to Mathjax for rendering mathematical equations?

Yes, there are alternative solutions to Mathjax such as KaTeX and MathML. These solutions may have different syntax and configuration, so it is important to research and determine which solution best fits your needs.