Matlab deployment Error because of folder permissions

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter Guidestone
  • Start date
  • Tags
    error matlab
In summary, the conversation is about encountering an error while trying to use "deploytool" in Matlab for creating standalone applications. The error message indicates that the current folder must be changed to a writable folder, but it is unclear which folder is being referred to. The person is using Windows 10 and Matlab R2015a. They are seeking help to resolve the issue quickly.
Guidestone
Hey guys, so I wanted to give Matlab a shot regarding programming standalone applications but I keep getting the same error whenever I use "deploytool" in the command prompt.
The error message picture is attached to this message.
According to the error message I must change my MATLAB current folder to a writable folder. The thing is, I don't know which Matlab folder it is reffering to. The Matlab program files folder is in the program files folder as most of the other folders from the other programs are, and this folder is perfectly writable. The message also says Matlab creates a .prj file somewhere, my obvious guess is that this file goes into the evil unwritable folder and thus the error showing up.
I would investigate on this matter by myself some more but I'm kinda rushing to get this done so I would really appreciate your help again. :)

Attachments

• pregunta matlab.png
    pregunta matlab.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 503
Physics news on Phys.org
What is your operating system, Windows, Mac or Linux?

I'm using windows 10 and the version of Matlab in my PC is R2015a.

1. Why am I getting a Matlab deployment error related to folder permissions?

There could be several reasons for this error. One possibility is that the folder you are trying to access does not have appropriate permissions set for the user account running Matlab. Another potential cause could be that the folder is located in a restricted or protected directory.

2. How can I fix this Matlab deployment error?

The first step is to check the permissions of the folder in question and make sure they are set correctly. You may need to change the permissions or ask your system administrator to do so. If the folder is located in a restricted directory, you may need to move it to a different location or modify your system settings to allow access.

3. Can I change the permissions for a folder in Matlab?

Yes, you can change the permissions for a folder in Matlab by using the "fileattrib" function. This function allows you to modify the attributes of a file or folder, including permissions. You will need to have appropriate permissions yourself in order to make changes to the folder.

4. I have changed the permissions for the folder, but I am still getting the deployment error. What else could be causing this?

It is possible that there are other factors at play, such as network or system settings. You may need to consult with your system administrator or IT department for further assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

5. Is there any way to avoid this deployment error in the future?

One way to avoid this error is to carefully manage the permissions of your folders and files before deploying your Matlab project. Make sure that all necessary permissions are set correctly and that your project is not located in a restricted directory. It may also be helpful to regularly check and update your system and network settings to prevent any potential conflicts in the future.