PF Farewell to Orodruin, Welcome @fresh_42 to Mentors

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, @Orodruin has retired from the PF Mentors group. @Orodruin rose to become a real all star in the community and PF will miss his leadership in the Mentor group. @Orodruin has intentions to stick around and continue being a great and valued member. @fresh_42 has agreed to join the Mentor group. @fresh_42 has demonstrated a great enthusiasm for the community and for helping others. Welcome!
We are announcing that @Orodruin has retired from the PF Mentors group. In a couple short years @Orodruin rose to become a real all star in the community and PF will miss his leadership in the Mentor group. A busy real life has struck again. @Orodruin has many exciting projects ahead of him and we wish him the very best! He has intentions to stick around and continue being a great and valued member.

To help fill in his spot we are excited to announce that @fresh_42 has agreed to join the Mentor group. @fresh_42 has demonstrated a great enthusiasm for the community and for helping others. Welcome!

Likes blue_leaf77, Charles Link, QuantumQuest and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Now, where is that beach in the Caribbean where you send old mentors to have umbrella-adorned drinks while watching the waves roll in - silently pondering how far badly the linear regime of the wave equation is broken?

Likes Samar A and PeroK
Orodruin said:
Now, where is that beach in the Caribbean where you send old mentors to have umbrella-adorned drinks while watching the waves roll in - silently pondering how far badly the linear regime of the wave equation is broken?
The coordinates are being sent to your brain via the chip we implanted in you. until then, Dance, DANCE! :biggrin:

Likes Stavros Kiri and phinds
Orodruin said:
We used to go there the beginning of April, but we haven't done that for a few years... :biggrin:

(sorry, that was before your time here...)

Likes Borek
Orodruin said:

Not exactly what you are looking for, as it is much closer (Zadar, Croatia) and the wave was just reflected, but it is best I can think of.

IMG_6784.jpg

Likes Stavros Kiri and BillTre
Borek said:
Not exactly what you are looking for, as it is much closer (Zadar, Croatia) and the wave was just reflected, but it is best I can think of.
To the left of the image there is a huge walkway that lights up. Very cool!

Greg Bernhardt said:
To the left of the image there is a huge walkway that lights up. Very cool!

Actually it was way back behind me. But you are perfectly right, that's the place!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Borek said:
Actually it was way back behind me. But you are perfectly right, that's the place!
This is me doing a head stand on it :biggrin:

1916384_729271087998_3382738_n.jpg

Likes Stavros Kiri, Samar A, blue_leaf77 and 3 others
Actually I had never enough time to wait till dark to see it working, each time I am in Zadar it is just a side trip and I have to drive further.

Awesome! Excellent choice.

Likes Charles Link
Greg Bernhardt said:
To help fill in his spot we are excited to announce that @fresh_42 has agreed to join the Mentor group. @fresh_42 has demonstrated a great enthusiasm for the community and for helping others. Welcome!
congratulations buddy, well done :)Dave

Dr Transport said:
here is the retirement beach...
... the guy under the palm tree is in my spot ...

Likes Stavros Kiri, Samar A, DrClaude and 1 other person
the spot I sit on when I go there, really...

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-11_9-59-44.png
    upload_2017-1-11_9-59-44.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 418
  • upload_2017-1-11_10-1-20.png
    upload_2017-1-11_10-1-20.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 407
Dr Transport said:
the spot I sit on when I go there, really...
Nice star-shaped umbrella :smile:

DrClaude said:
Nice star-shaped umbrella :smile:
covers my speedo...

Orodruin said:

There is no beach. Only an endless moderation que. Enjoy your retirement!

Likes Ibix and Stavros Kiri
Drakkith said:
There is no beach. Only an endless moderation que. Enjoy your retirement!
Dislike! Where is the dislike button?

Likes Ibix
Orodruin said:
Dislike! Where is the dislike button?

I'm sorry. That feature is only available to active mentors. :-p

Likes Ibix, mfb, berkeman and 1 other person
"All beach quotes ..."

Keep dreaming! We're snowed in for the moment ...

Last edited:
Drakkith said:
I'm sorry. That feature is only available to active mentors. :-p
I knew there was going to be some cool new mentor feature rolled out the moment I retired ...

Likes Ibix and Drakkith
Orodruin said:
I knew there was going to be some cool new mentor feature rolled out the moment I retired ...
That and we installed cool LED lights in the hot tub that dance to music.

Likes Ibix and Drakkith
Greg Bernhardt said:
That and we installed cool LED lights in the hot tub that dance to music.
What hot tub?? :mad:

Likes Ibix
Orodruin said:
What hot tub?? :mad:

Next you'll be telling us you don't know about the free snack bar...

Likes Ibix and Greg Bernhardt
Greg Bernhardt said:
This is me doing a head stand on it :biggrin:

View attachment 111369
Can you do this on water?

Stavros Kiri said:
"All beach quotes ..."

Keep dreaming! We're snowed in for the moment ...
upload_2017-1-13_6-38-5.png

heading my way...

Likes Stavros Kiri

What is "PF Farewell to Orodruin, Welcome @fresh_42 to Mentors"?

"PF Farewell to Orodruin, Welcome @fresh_42 to Mentors" is a phrase used in the online community Physics Forums, which signifies the departure of a member with the username "Orodruin" and the welcoming of a new member with the username "@fresh_42" to the group of mentors on the forum.

Who is "Orodruin" and why are they leaving?

"Orodruin" is the username of a member on Physics Forums. They are leaving because they have either decided to no longer participate on the forum or have been inactive for a period of time.

Who is "@fresh_42" and why are they being welcomed as a mentor?

"@fresh_42" is the username of a new member on Physics Forums. They are being welcomed as a mentor because they have shown a strong understanding and knowledge in their field of study and have been selected by the forum moderators to help guide and mentor other members.

What does it mean to be a mentor on Physics Forums?

Being a mentor on Physics Forums means that you are a knowledgeable and experienced member who is willing to help guide and assist other members in their studies and understanding of various topics in physics and related fields. Mentors are expected to provide accurate and helpful answers, as well as promote a positive and respectful atmosphere on the forum.

How can I become a mentor on Physics Forums?

To become a mentor on Physics Forums, you must be a registered member and have a strong understanding and knowledge in your field of study. The forum moderators will select and invite members to become mentors based on their contributions and interactions on the forum. There is currently no application process for becoming a mentor.