Method for checking if digital data is transmitted accurately?

In summary, the experiment involved recording an analog signal and converting it to digital data so that it could be read by a program on a computer. The digital data was then converted back to analog to reproduce the recorded voice. The results showed that the waveforms of the input and output signals were the same, indicating accurate transmission. The use of a trigger level and sampling frequency were also discussed, and it was suggested that Reed Solomon error correction code may have been used in the decoding process. However, it is unclear what RSW1 refers to in the image.
MissP.25_5
In this experiment, we recorded a person saying "Aaaaaaa" on the mic as the analog source. And then the analog data was converted into digital data so that the programme in the PC could read it and then the digital data was converted into Analog again to reproduce the recorded voice. I attached the results of the last part of the experiment. I am not sure what method this is because it wasn't me who did this. What I do know is that he had to check whether the digital data was transmitted accurately or not by using the A/D and D/A conversion programme on the PC. Can someone explain to me what excatly does that picture mean? What is being done here?

Attachments

• DSP.JPG
    DSP.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 410
Physics news on Phys.org
I do not know what any of the writing is but here is what I get from the image: the top image is the input analog signal before it is converted into the digital signal by the A/D converter. The bottom signal is the analog output signal AFTER the signal has been converted by the D/A converter. By initial inspection the waveforms look the same.

sandy.bridge said:
I do not know what any of the writing is but here is what I get from the image: the top image is the input analog signal before it is converted into the digital signal by the A/D converter. The bottom signal is the analog output signal AFTER the signal has been converted by the D/A converter. By initial inspection the waveforms look the same.

Yes, the waveforms are the same after adjusting the trigger level (Voltage). The writings are just the settings of the sampling. The sampling frequency is 8kHz. I want to know what does the trigger level have to do with checking the accuracy of the digital transmission?

It's possible that RSW1 = 0 means that Reed Solomon error correction code was used and that the decode either detected no error or corrected any error, resulting in a zero value for the remainder of the "code word" divided by the generator polynomial for the RS code being used. Then again, RSW1 in that image could stand for something completely different.

rcgldr said:
It's possible that RSW1 = 0 means that Reed Solomon error correction code was used and that the decode either detected no error or corrected any error, resulting in a zero value for the remainder of the "code word" divided by the generator polynomial for the RS code being used. Then again, RSW1 in that image could stand for something completely different.

What are you talking about? There is no RSW1 in that picture.

Related to Method for checking if digital data is transmitted accurately?

1. How does the method for checking digital data accuracy work?

The method for checking digital data accuracy involves using various algorithms and mathematical calculations to compare the original data with the transmitted data. This allows for any errors or discrepancies to be identified and corrected.

2. Can this method be used for all types of digital data?

Yes, this method can be used for all types of digital data, including text, images, audio, and video. It is a universal method for checking data accuracy.

3. What are the benefits of using this method?

The primary benefit of using this method is that it ensures the accuracy and integrity of the transmitted data. It also allows for any errors to be identified and corrected quickly, reducing the chances of data loss or corruption.

4. Is this method foolproof?

No method for checking data accuracy is completely foolproof. However, using multiple algorithms and techniques can greatly reduce the chances of errors going undetected. It is also important to regularly update and improve the method to stay ahead of potential errors.

5. Are there any limitations to this method?

One limitation of this method is that it can only detect errors; it cannot fix them. It also requires the original data to be available for comparison, which may not always be possible. Additionally, this method may not be able to detect errors caused by hardware failures or network issues.