Michael Sullivan Precalculus Textbook Arrived Today

In summary, the speaker has recently acquired the Michael Sullivan Precalculus 5th Edition textbook and has decided to part ways with the David Cohen book. They mention that Sullivan's book is more geared towards a general student population while Cohen's book is better suited for an honors precalculus course. The speaker also mentions that they have a free PDF download of Sullivan's book and a hard copy given to them by the DOE. They note that many high schools and military online math classes use Sullivan's book. They then ask for the link to the free online Sullivan textbook and confirm if it is the 5th edition of the precalculus book.
xyz_1965
I finally got my Michael Sullivan Precalculus 5th Edition textbook today. I have decided to part ways with my David Cohen book. It makes no sense to keep it. It is truly over my head.

By this I don't mean that Sullivan's book is a walk in the park. It can be intense depending on the topic and/or chapter. Cohen's book concentrates more on the unit circle as a guide through most of the problems. It is probably meant for an honors precalculus course.

So, parting ways after so many years. I had the 5th edition Sullivan precalculus textbook back in 2006. Soroban helped a lot back in 2006. Sullivan's book is directed more for a general student population as opposed to a group of talented or advanced math students.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sullivan is a great textbook but I have a free download PDF of the book
I also have the hard copy with the DOE gave me

Just about every HS and military online math classes uses it.

karush said:
Sullivan is a great textbook but I have a free download PDF of the book
I also have the hard copy with the DOE gave me

Just about every HS and military online math classes uses it.

Can I please have the link to the free online Sullivan textbook? Sullivan is so much easier to read than David Cohen. Do you have the 5th edition of the precalculus book?

1. What topics does the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook cover?

The Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook covers topics such as functions, graphs, polynomial and rational functions, exponential and logarithmic functions, trigonometric functions, and analytic trigonometry.

2. Is the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook suitable for beginners?

Yes, the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook is suitable for beginners as it starts with the basics and gradually progresses to more advanced topics.

3. Are there any online resources available for the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook?

Yes, there are online resources available for the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook such as practice quizzes, interactive exercises, and video tutorials.

4. How does the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook differ from other precalculus textbooks?

The Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook is known for its clear and concise explanations, real-world applications, and variety of practice problems. It also includes helpful study tips and strategies for success in precalculus.

5. Are there any supplemental materials included with the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook?

Yes, the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook comes with a student solutions manual, a test bank, and a MyMathLab access code for online resources and homework assignments.