Purchased Precalculus Textbook

In summary, the speaker has purchased a Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook and is anxiously waiting for it to arrive. They plan on using it to continue their precalculus journey, but will also occasionally use the David Cohen textbook for a different perspective. They are not in a rush to complete their review and are taking their time to fully understand the concepts.
xyz_1965
Last week, I purchased the Michael Sullivan Precalculus textbook 5th Edition, a book I had in my collection in 2006. I will use this book to continue my precalculus journey as I make my way to calculus 1. Anxiously waiting for the textbook to arrive in the mail. I will stop by the post office box next week.

So, putting precalculus on hold for now. In terms of the David Cohen 3rd Edition Precalculus With Unit Circle Trigonometry textbook, I will post questions from Cohen's book from time to time but not use it on a regular basis because it is an advanced book most likely for an honor precalculus course. At 55, there is no need to worry about upcoming exams for my school days ended in the Fall 1993 semester. I am slowly but surely going to complete my review of precalculus, which is ok thus far. No need to rush through any textbook. You say?

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello, it's great to hear that you are continuing your precalculus journey and have purchased the Michael Sullivan textbook. It's always beneficial to have a reliable and familiar resource when studying a subject. However, I would like to point out that using multiple textbooks can provide a well-rounded understanding of the material. So, I encourage you to also utilize the David Cohen textbook from time to time, even if it is more advanced. It can provide a different perspective and challenge your understanding of the material. Additionally, it's important to not rush through any textbook, as understanding the concepts thoroughly is key in mathematics. Good luck with your studies!

1. What is a precalculus textbook?

A precalculus textbook is a book that covers the fundamental concepts and skills needed for success in higher level math courses, such as calculus. It typically includes topics such as algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.

2. Why do I need to purchase a precalculus textbook?

Purchasing a precalculus textbook is important because it serves as a valuable resource for learning and practicing the necessary math skills for success in higher level courses. It also allows for independent studying and review outside of class.

3. How do I choose the right precalculus textbook?

When choosing a precalculus textbook, consider your learning style, the level of difficulty, and the topics covered. It may also be helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from teachers or other students.

4. Can I use an older edition of a precalculus textbook?

It is generally recommended to use the most recent edition of a precalculus textbook, as it may include updated content and practice problems. However, if the older edition covers the same topics and is in good condition, it can still be a useful resource.

5. Are there any online resources that can supplement a precalculus textbook?

Yes, there are many online resources available to supplement a precalculus textbook. These can include practice problems, video tutorials, and interactive activities. It is important to use these resources in addition to, not instead of, the textbook.