Millimetre wave quantum optics

• Thread starter neils
  • Start date
In summary, millimetre wave quantum optics is a branch of quantum optics that focuses on the use of millimetre wave radiation in studying and manipulating quantum systems. This field has shown promising potential for applications in quantum communication, sensing, and computing, as well as for exploring fundamental aspects of quantum physics. Researchers have been able to achieve high levels of control and precision in their experiments using millimetre wave radiation, making it a valuable tool for studying and harnessing quantum phenomena. However, challenges still remain in terms of developing efficient and reliable sources of millimetre wave radiation, as well as integrating it with other quantum technologies. Overall, millimetre wave quantum optics is a rapidly growing field with vast potential for both fundamental research and practical applications
neils
How did you find PF?
Googling about quantum optics
I'm a physicist and engineer from academia and industry, mostly classical physics and engineering, with a growing interest in quantum optics in the microwave and millimetre wave band. I'm interested in novel sensing capabilities and developing technology to exploit this.

Likes Klystron and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, neils. It's good to have you here. :smile:

I'm hoping this is a good forum to have dialogue with experts working at the forefront of research. So far, so good!

Likes berkeman